View Poll Results: Should 5 man parties be forced to play Team Matckmaking?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    43 42.16%
  • No

    59 57.84%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37

Thread: Should 5 man parties be forced to play Team Matckmaking?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    143

    Should 5 man parties be forced to play Team Matckmaking?

    Might stop pub stomping.

  2. #2
    Basic Member Stimpy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Neverland
    Posts
    346
    yes



  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    714
    I thought they are. If they arent then add this to another major fuckup by Valve.

  4. #4
    Basic Member FelicesBladewing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cologne, Germany
    Posts
    274
    afaik TMM is CM only isn't it?
    if that's the case the answer is of course "no".
    5-man stacks should also be able to search for all game modes if they want to
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLite View Post
    Valve has abandoned the game! The game is now safe to leave.
    No statistics will be recorded.
    powered by Bashtime

    my view of the current MM: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?...907#post769907
    and of RMM: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?...l=1#post879900
    and of solo-q vs party-q: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?...l=1#post929986

  5. #5
    Basic Member MJK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    500
    I voted no because if i 5 stack with my less skilled fr's who can play 2-3 heroes and its CM its pretty much a ruined game if i dont pick these hereos for them .. 5 stack must play vs 5 stack thats all no TMM needed
    The problem is we get matched with 2-1-1-1 or 3-1-1 every game and yes its a stomp ... cuz they dont even speek the same language ..
    I used to be a mannered player but then i took a CYKA to the knee ! ValveKnights the new name for Scrub..

  6. #6
    Basic Member Jan2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    17,357
    ehm last time i checked, 5man partys were paired vs 5man partys. If this is not true anymore, well we might have a problem here.
    If you find spelling errors, you are free to take them.

  7. #7
    Basic Member FelicesBladewing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cologne, Germany
    Posts
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan2011 View Post
    ehm last time i checked, 5man partys were paired vs 5man partys. If this is not true anymore, well we might have a problem here.
    had a game yesterday were i paired up with 4 friends and were matched up against 5 solo guys! but the most time it's 5vs5 or 5vs4+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLite View Post
    Valve has abandoned the game! The game is now safe to leave.
    No statistics will be recorded.
    powered by Bashtime

    my view of the current MM: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?...907#post769907
    and of RMM: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?...l=1#post879900
    and of solo-q vs party-q: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?...l=1#post929986

  8. #8
    Basic Member Noya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Uruguay
    Posts
    12,904
    Team Matchmaking is indeed only played in Captains Mode so the answer is obviously no, apart from the fact that TMM is terribly flawed and incomplete. Also, being in a 5 man stack doesn't mean you are a "team", most 5 mans are made on the run by inviting 10 guys from your friend list.

    Pub stomping is an inherent problem with the game itself, not a problem with the Matchmaking most of the times. One game a team can stomp the other because of various reasons, and the next game it's the other way around. Pub stomps will NEVER stop, doesn't matter if someone comes with the perfect Matchmaking System, people should drop this idea already.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jan2011 View Post
    ehm last time i checked, 5man partys were paired vs 5man partys. If this is not true anymore, well we might have a problem here.
    It's not a required condition, last week I won a game when we were all solo queue against a 5 man party, the system might be trying to match a 5 man vs a 5 man but if it doesn't find it (read as: your 5man has bad/weird ratings) it wont hesitate to match your party against skilled players (at least most of the times I queue alone against parties my teammates weren't clueless at all).
    Last edited by Noya; 11-08-2013 at 07:13 AM.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by Noya View Post
    being in a 5 man stack doesn't mean you are a "team", most 5 mans are made on the run by inviting 10 guys from your friend list.
    A real 5 man team can still abuse this at their will though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Noya View Post
    Pub stomping is an inherent problem with the game itself, not a problem with the Matchmaking most of the times. One game a team can stomp the other because of various reasons, and the next game it's the other way around. Pub stomps will NEVER stop, doesn't matter if someone comes with the perfect Matchmaking System, people should drop this idea already.
    You're talking about one sided games. Stomps wouldn't exist in a proper match making system.

  10. #10
    Basic Member Noya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Uruguay
    Posts
    12,904
    Quote Originally Posted by CuntDestroyer View Post
    You're talking about one sided games. Stomps wouldn't exist in a proper match making system.
    A one sided game isn't a stomp or am I missing something?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •