Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Evasion on HUD

Basic Member

HUD Improvements: Evasion, Ave Crit bonus, and expand HUD info to non-hero units

Hello, i would like if dota 2 showed the evasion of heroes that I click on.

It should be under the defense area where armor is shown along with magic resist % on the hero stats.
    I think this is important as of the late patch, where evasion is now stacking diminishingly.

Thank you

Hopefully some clarification on my proposal:
    There is a feature currently in game that allows you to view the detailed stats of a hero by placing your mouse over the damage/armor section of Hero UI.
    I would like to make one small addition to the list of stats displayed: evasion.
    I think it is a useful number to see, since evasion is an important stat to deal with. Since evasion is now a stackable stat, it becomes complicated to calculate evasion levels (i.e. butterfly PA or halbred brewmaster) and thus is similar to armor reduction level in the sense that you can gauge the survivability of a hero. It is a number that I would very much like to see in-game.
    Note: Uphill miss chance, attack modifier debuffs (drunken haze, whirling axes, blinding light, incapacitating bite, etc) do not count as evasion in this tooltip display since they are unique to the attackers point of view and not the defender.
    Dota 2 Evasion Tooltip.png

Additionally, I would like some of the mouseover interface for hero stats to also appear on non-hero units (i.e. creeps/summons/roshan/ancients/neutrals/etc). For example: attack speed, physical damage resistance, magical damage resistance.

Dota 2 Non-hero tooltips.png Instead of having these discrete alt-tooltips for summons' magic resistance, it can just be simply displayed on the unit stats mouseover.

Summary of Proposals
    1. Chance of evasion displayed on a separate line below magic resist, only appearing when evasion is above 0%. Alternatively, evasion could be displayed next to armor reduction in brackets like thus: "Physical Damage Resistance: 47% [+25% evasion]".
    2. I would like to see average bonus damage (as a percentage) given by crits added in brackets after "Attack Damage: 145-165 + 58 [+42%]". Simple enough, and hardly adds any clutter at all. The info is more useful than chance to crit and multiplier. Also useful if you decide you want to stack crits, since it can quickly calculate average bonus damage given by all your crits. For example Chaos Knight has 20% average bonus crit damage. Daedalus gives +35% average bonus damage. Daedalus on CK, you would get . Two daedalus gives +61% average bonus damage.
    3. Mouse-over HUD currently only found on heroes and spirit bear should be expanded to appear on all units in the game, including creeps, neutrals, and hero summons.
    Last edited by FootysMaXeD; 02-22-2014 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Added clarification and pictures

Basic Member
    Seconded.

Basic Member
    Bump. Hoping to see evasion soon .

I'd also like to see the whole mouseover detailed unit stats on non-hero units (i.e. roshan, ancients, other neutrals, lane creeps, summons, etc).

sounds good. i'd like lifesteal as well

Basic Member
    +1

Basic Member
    Uh, how would the game calculate evasion? Output highest possible chance? But it's already not hard providing that nobody will ever get more than two sources of evasion in real games.

Basic Member
    bad. it's sufficient knowing the items / passives that give evasion . it's not like there's so many .

Would like to see a really complex tutorial on mechanics though .

Quote Originally Posted by conscientiousness View Post
    bad. it's sufficient knowing the items / passives that give evasion . it's not like there's so many .[...]
    How is 1 extra line in the mouse-over of defence (something almost nobody uses) bad when it'd help newer players? This isn't even a matter of opinion, it needs to be there because there are no drawbacks while providing additional information.
    Last edited by kuvasz; 01-13-2014 at 10:31 AM.
    Check my My Steam profile for trade interests, etc.

Basic Member
    What? Why do you miss my statement entirely?

-1, its not useful anyhow. Every hero has the same evasion rating which is 0% unless enemy is hitting below you, you have items that give evasion or passive abilities / auras.
    Upcoming website http://yourdota2.com/
    People do care about your signature size, go and see here http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php/?t=121813/
    Achtung! You have a right to report over sized images and moderators may delete them.