Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Fixed] Maelstrom/mjollnir won't proc when a chain lightning is in effect

Basic Member

[Fixed] Maelstrom/mjollnir won't proc when a chain lightning is in effect

described here http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=106093

If one lightning procs, another won't until first one finishes traveling.

Easy check: build 6 maelstroms, attacks won't proc chain lightning until first lightning finishes traveling (proccing on almost every attack for 1 target, very rarely if it hits a lot of targets becaus e of slow traveling). Even though stacking maelstroms is somewhat weird, that happens with 1 maelstrom too, effectively reducing chances of chain lightning.

Isn't this like in DotA1?
    Please, just call me buny.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bu3ny View Post
    Isn't this like in DotA1?
    It isn't. Just tested and there were a lot of double and triple chains flying around.

Repro steps:

Dota2:
    6 mjollnirs or maelstroms. When there are a lot of targets, only 1 lightning active at time, resulting in 1 lightning every 6-8 hits. When 1 target remains, almost every hit is a lightning.

DotA:
    something with low bat (oracle), mjollnir, 5 hyperstones. throw a lot of attacks on slow game speed, watch many lightnings fly around dealing damage.
    Last edited by Caleb; 11-11-2013 at 10:02 AM.

Xin is released now, Mjollnir on it's Recommended Situational Items but this is still an issue that makes the item pretty much useless on him.

This should help:

Basic Member
    I was testing this as well. In Dota 1, Maelstrom/Mjollnir can proc while the previous chain lightning is still active.
    However, the bouncing effect is bugged like how Luna's glaives, and Death Wards attack are. If a chain lightning is cast before the previous one finishes, the bounces will "lose their place" and bounce between the two closest units until the bounce count reaches 0. Zeus used to have a similar problem with his Arc Lightning where he couldn't cast another Arc Lightning before the previous Arc Lightning has stopped bouncing.

Maelstrom/Mjollnir should have a 0 second cd on their proc, allowing multiple chain lightnings to be active at the same time.

Everything I mentioned is described in this thread

In Dota 2 to test this, create 8 enemy heroes and space them out to the maximum Mjollnir chain lightning bounce range.
    Buy 6 Mjollnirs (to increase proc chance as OP described) and attack the first enemy.
    Even though the change of proc'ing a chain lightning is almost 100%, it is impossible to proc a second chain lightning before the first one reaches its final target.

Added.

Basic Member
    Still not on the list.

Basic Member
    Not sure why doesn't search work for "mjollnir" (maybe because it's right after the slash) but Maelstrom is mistyped.