Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Drawing on the minimap.

Drawing on the minimap.

I think it's a great idea and can be put to great use. My concern is the public scene where some players would deliberately draw on the map to cause confusion and "troll" others. Maybe have an option toggle it off or have it available for the top player in the team?

Basic Member
    me and my friends use it to type "yo" or "" to each other whilst waiting for people to load;(. Although yes people will troll on it. however people can use it to their advantage(they could do the same with pinging but its more annoying)to tell there team where to go literately draw them a map

i've seen people scribble all over the map where you can't even tell what's going on

Basic Member
    still dont even know how to draw on it, only been around since friday

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by revolu7ion View Post
    i've seen people scribble all over the map where you can't even tell what's going on
    This is difficult. I have seen pinging and this feature of drawing on the map used for trolling and for really awesome coordination. I guess if you're on a team of trolls you're likely to lose anyway...the drawing is a great tool and I would hate to see it removed or everybody turn it off when I've been in a couple games now where it has been really cool.

edit: You hold CTRL and left click around on the map to draw

Drawing on the minimap is really a cool feature, don't remove it >.<

I would just prefer that there be button to toggle it on/off so that you can see what's going on if someone is feeling like a troll.

It is a cool feature.

Instead of a feature which can toggle on/off the drawing on the map, there should be something like a "clear" button to clear the minimap from drawings. Like the -clear function in DotA.

Quote Originally Posted by matthe2 View Post
    Instead of a feature which can toggle on/off the drawing on the map, there should be something like a "clear" button to clear the minimap from drawings. Like the -clear function in DotA.
    This. That would be perfect.

I too think it's a great tool for people who take it seriously. If you have trolls on your team, I doubt drawing on the minimap is what made you lose the game in the end.

Basic Member
    I agree with the toggling. -clear won't work because you can clear it and the troll would just continue on drawing?
    The feature is more than fantastic and I can see it put to good use, but we should have the feature to turn it off in our own minimaps to avoid the inevitable trolls.