Thread: Lasthit Tutorial Feedback

Lasthit Tutorial Feedback

The newly released Lasthit Tutorial doesn't teach:

- Denying (doesn't track or encourage it in the practice mode)
    - Creep Equilibrium
    - Lasthit under tower (pre hitting creeps).

I expected a little more.
    Last edited by Noya; 11-15-2013 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noya View Post
    The newly released Lasthit Tutorial doesn't teach:

- Denying (
    - Creep Equilibrium
    - Lasthit under tower (pre hitting creeps).

I expected a little more.
    What you expected? It's for beginners to teach them to hit when creep is low, nothing else. They don't wanna make this game better for experienced players, they wanna new players who will buy 330 new hats.

Excuse me my english.

Basic Member
    I have finished both last hitting tutorials, i was eligible yet i didn't receive the scroll i was supposed to. Anyone else with this problem?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by theli View Post
    I have finished both last hitting tutorials, i was eligible yet i didn't receive the scroll i was supposed to. Anyone else with this problem?
    me too

Basic Member
    Suggestion: Allow us to set an artificial latency

At the moment it seems that the LH challenge is hosted locally, meaning I have next to no delay. In matches hosted on Valve servers, my ping is obviously higher, and I find that last hitting there requires different timing than when I'm practicing locally.

If we could set a desired latency (for example, a 90ms delay), then it would allow practicing in non-ideal conditions (ie on matchmaking servers), while still allowing the challenge to be played while the network is down/the player is offline.

i don't think you should expect more.
    basically this is to get new players comfortable with last hitting in lane while being sorta harrased
    but i will go with you and say that this tutorial can have different levels. lets say level 2 where your score counts denies. and level 3 score counts denies and damage put to enemy or taken from enemy

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat_Smoker View Post

At the moment it seems that the LH challenge is hosted locally, meaning I have next to no delay. In matches hosted on Valve servers, my ping is obviously higher, and I find that last hitting there requires different timing than when I'm practicing locally.

If we could set a desired latency (for example, a 90ms delay), then it would allow practicing in non-ideal conditions (ie on matchmaking servers), while still allowing the challenge to be played while the network is down/the player is offline.
    This is a very smart suggestion.

Last hitting with 0 latency or 60 to 90 ms (my regular ping value) delay is definitively not the same thing. And there are people that play in MM with a ping over 100.

We need such an option, maybe it can be added to the practice with bots too. Otherwise these modes are not that useful...

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat_Smoker View Post

Make your own thread, this is definitely needed.

Basic Member
    Also in two my games I got passive BH who didn't even try to harass me as Antimage.

Quote Originally Posted by ZzZombo View Post
    Also in two my games I got passive BH who didn't even try to harass me as Antimage.
    I had Drow Ranger twice, who harassed the shit out of my sniper. I had to kill her in order to have free farm.