Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ember Spirit (Valve Lore)

Ember Spirit (Valve Lore)

Lost within the Wailing Mountains, the Fortress of Flares lay abandoned, its training halls empty, its courtyard covered in leaves and dust. Upon a dais in its sealed temple rests a topaz cauldron filled with ancient ash, remnants of a pyre for the warrior-poet Xin. For three generations, Xin taught his acolytes the Bonds of the Guardian Flame, a series of mantras to train the mind and body for the harsh realities beyond the fortress walls. However, in teaching a warrior's way he earned a warrior's rivals, and in his autumn Xin was bested and slain. His followers spread to the wind. Yet as years turned to centuries and followers to descendants, his teachings endured by subtle whisper and deed. Touched by the teacher's lasting legacy, the Burning Celestial, inquisitive aspect of fire, cast himself to the Fortress of Flares and reignited the pyre ash. From these glowing embers emerged an image of Xin, wreathed in flame, his thoughtful countenance prepared to train and to teach, and to spread the fires of knowledge to all who seek guidance.
    To keep these forums clean and friendly, please read and follow the forum rules.
    Before making a new thread, be sure to have used search, as well as checking the stickies of the appropriate section.

Lore moderator.

okay
    ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ

I'm curious why wailing mountains is in xin and raijin's lore but not in kaolin's lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix. View Post
    2013: 10 heroes, 3 reworks, 4 events, hats, 1 arcana and TI
    2014: 4 heroes, 2 events, 2 arcanas, hats, 1 rework and TI.
    Lazyness. Not to mention the lack of bugfixes, and the amount of new ones with each new content added

Credits to Phoenix.

Basic Member
    They should just call him Fire Spirit, that way we'd keep the good old "storm, earth and fire" and we wouldn't have three ES heroes in the game.

So the Ember Spirit is simply using the image of Xin as his body but Xin himself is long gone?

Quote Originally Posted by GoldK View Post
    So the Ember Spirit is simply using the image of Xin as his body but Xin himself is long gone?
    True

Quote Originally Posted by GoldK View Post
    hence the word " spirit "

Basic Member Justinian of Hattes's Avatar
    Way cool. I especially like the idea that he takes on the look of Xin but is actually made of embers, hence his name makes sense!

"I'm all for moderation, but sometimes it seems, moderation itself can be a kind of extreme."

Basic Member
    Sounds to me that the 3 Spirits are really dependent on mortals for the forms of their bodies. The Fire took Xin's form even when the remains are all ashes.

Basic Member Justinian of Hattes's Avatar
    Celestials, at least, would seem that way. Though to be honest, Kaolin doesn't seem to be connected to the other 2, unless maybe the Kaolin that the statue was based on was a Wailing Mountains native or some shit. I also find it strange that while Ember Spirit and Earth Spirit know who they are and who they were, Storm Spirit seems blissfully unaware of his tragic past. Why is that, ya think?

"I'm all for moderation, but sometimes it seems, moderation itself can be a kind of extreme."