Thread: [Resolved] Earth Spirit Mysterious Nerf

Basic Member

[Resolved] Earth Spirit Mysterious Nerf

Hi,
    I was going over the changelogs of since Earth Spirit was released and this is what I found
    http://www.playdota.com/changelogs/6.78c

If you look there you will notice that his rolling boulder skill scales with levels 90/120/150/180 with the stone bonus *1.5

If we look at the hero we notice that this skill was changed to 90 at all levels but this nerf never occurred in any patch notes and there were no notifications of it.

Did the people who implemented Earth Spirit make an error when first releasing him?

P.S. I do know that on the wc3 page it says 90(135) all levels but that is why I said he may have been incorrectly implemented

New information that made me believe this is a bug,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj_LaUDLBak

If you see that link at time 4:20 you can clearly see the skill saying it does 180 base damage at level 4 which means 270 with a boulder. It should not be 90 at all levels that is a mistake and this is critical due to the fact as its his main source of damage as a hero with a 4 second cd

It most likely was 90/120/150/180 then Icefrog beta test it but then it was to much damage and he changed it to 90(135) at all levels and forgot to change tooltip.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by igo95862 View Post
    It most likely was 90/120/150/180 then Icefrog beta test it but then it was to much damage and he changed it to 90(135) at all levels and forgot to change tooltip.
    There is no record of this and I have checked a lot of history. Can someone please check if in Doto 1 it is still 90/120/150/180 please? because I believe they just implemented this hero by looking at the wc3 hero page which was wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Momed View Post
    There is no record of this and I have checked a lot of history. Can someone please check if in Doto 1 it is still 90/120/150/180 please? because I believe they just implemented this hero by looking at the wc3 hero page which was wrong
    It is 90 damage at all levels both in 6.78 and 6.79

Basic Member
    Okay.. that is weird considering the video in game shows it 180. Thank you for checking I am shocked that there was no source for this change as it clearly affects the hero's damage output and looking at his current winrate which made me curious.

Again Thanks
    Last edited by Momed; 11-15-2013 at 01:49 PM.

It was a bug in dota. IF scaled it's damage with wrong ability level which was constantly level 1. I think he accidentally scaled it with the level of his Stone Remnant. Then he decided that it is better that way. Thhe tooltip in dota 1 is wrong.

Considering 6.79 is still not fully released for the old game yet, and perhaps never will be, it is safe to assume they remade him however they wanted to in Dota 2 and will get around to updating him appropriately in the old game when they get around to it. As long as they have no intention of putting him in CM any time soon, I don't see it as urgent that they get him fixed if he's broken.
    I will mercilessly add to my ignore list anyone that makes an incredibly annoying signature.