Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ember spirit makes the game literally unplayable

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ember spirit makes the game literally unplayable

Everytime he ults it crashes the linux client, and it's not just me either because I googled the problem and several other people have the same problem. He doesn't even need to be on screen as long as he's visible the game goes down. Not only have I lost a game because of this, but now I have an abandonment tacked on because it takes ~45 seconds to boot up the client and rejoin the game and when this happens every single time he ults that adds up.

I just tested it in a bot match, and it crashes when he dashes through the remnants

edit: I'm verifying my cache so hopefully after this it will work.
    Last edited by Shadow Dancer; 11-14-2013 at 10:56 PM.

Basic Member
    Same issue here, seems that it isn't even hardware-related this time concidering all the other posts.

Well Im trying to verify cache and now I'm downloading another 4 gigs of stuff I guess that was broken? Might fix the problem.

Basic Member
    Doubt it, since at least my cache verified just fine, but please do post if you succeed anyways.

4.3 gig download, didn't even fix it. Also the portriats for the heroes in the hero selection screen are just blank.

Basic Member
    same problem. Ember in game = no game.

Basic Member
    https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Dota-2/issues/952

The only cure for this for now is either to be a captain and ban him ASAP or to pick him and not level ult -- and not spectate games where he's in.

Quote Originally Posted by ronchaine View Post
    https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Dota-2/issues/952

The only cure for this for now is either to be a captain and ban him ASAP or to pick him and not level ult -- and not spectate games where he's in.
    He probably isn't even in captains mode yet.

Basic Member
    have same problem on archlinux, game goes off everytime ember casts his ulti... plz fix it !!!

Basic Member
    Have same problem on Ubuntu 13.10, NVidia 331.20 drvers. On Wine I have engine error when map is loading so I couldn't test the problem.