Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Atrificer's Chisel disappears after first use.

They quadrupled the price of the hammers...

So much for that feature. Oh well, socketing was fun while it lasted.

So all hammers are now 1 use only?

Edit: Seems not, many people are just selling their hammers with one use left on the market...
    Last edited by AngryHan; 11-18-2013 at 06:45 AM.

Basic Member
    Hi

I purchased chisels early on and used them on my items,

They were SINGLE use per chisel

Now my leftover single unusued chisel can be used 5 times,

Basically early adopters have all been screwed.

I used 3 chisels once each and they have disappeared, if there were supposed to be 5 uses, I've lost 4*3 = 12 uses!

I hope there will be some sort of compensation, this is unfair and keeping quiet is not an equitable solution

Basic Member
    You haven't lost anything. The chisels are all still one use (unless anyone wants to show otherwise). My recommendation is either to wait until someone says something or the tooltip gets changed.

The current cheapest and only good way of getting chisels is through the recipes. Not sure if they drop after games, but you can find recipes for 3xcommon = chisel. You pay probably half or a third the cost of chisel on the store.
    Last edited by cinephile; 11-18-2013 at 12:58 PM.

I bought a chisel last night and used it and it's at 4/5 uses.
    You can see here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ballad/inventory/ (filter to tools)

So unless they changed it between last night at around 10 EST and today, it's 5 uses. But the store says 1 use, so it's super confusing and I don't even know...

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ned_ballad View Post
    I bought a chisel last night and used it and it's at 4/5 uses.
    You can see here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ballad/inventory/ (filter to tools)

So unless they changed it between last night at around 10 EST and today, it's 5 uses. But the store says 1 use, so it's super confusing and I don't even know...
    If you try to use it again does it say it will be destroyed? When you used it the first time did it also say it would be destroyed?

I don't want to blow away a chisel on one use if it's getting fixed.

Basic Member
    Reddit says it has been fixed as well. So then. I guess I will give mine a bosh and see what happens.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/1qvys2/

edit: it's fixed! Chisel just consumed a charge. Yay

Last edited by cinephile; 11-18-2013 at 01:44 PM.

It's still not fixed for all the 5 charge chisels used before today that were incorrectly consumed however

Uh I used 3 chisels already. So when will I be getting my other 12 charges? Should I call steam customer support to ask for a refund?

When I get my refund how will they remove my sockets and gems that I already have?

I just sent a message to steam support asking to be reimbursed since I bought around 40 of the chisels at a $1 a piece, meaning I wasted roughly $30. I'll update by quoting this post with their response.