Thread: Coaching Feedback

Basic Member

Coaching Feedback

I love the idea of this, its really helping my friends learn the game a lot faster with my in the coach position, However please can we have an option to allow the coaches to suggest items, for instance have a pop up on the side just like spectator mode showing an hero purchasing an item, saying your coach has suggested an Item left click it to put into quick purchase area.

What do you thing about Coaching vs Spectating?
    I personally used Spectating so far, as a Coaching option, from the first time I ever joined a friend's game I kind of had a hint how much this could be abused. I see now coaching as a way for you, not to be able to cheat in a game and still do the same thing.
    My first feedback to Coaching is that I was really unaware that I will not take part of the game. So here is the question.
    How will Coach work if you would like to coach a Team of 5 other players. Is it not so, that the current max party number is 5. That means you can never coach a real Team of 5 players. It would be nice if you can quell for games in a 6 player Party if one of them is marked as a Coach. If not then Coaching will remain as a way to help out a single person.
    I see a great potential in Coaching to be used for Team play, however that will give one extra player the ability to view the game and that will be a huge benefit to that team. There for it might dis-balance the gameplay.
    The way I see coaching is that the only valuable option it brings vs Spectating is the internal Vice communication. That most friends won't even use instead of their own voice option. About all the popups and suggestions that you can make to your trainee, if you would be using the voice communication it would be far easier to just tell him what you think he should do in the game. But if you have not way of verbal communication with the other person I see how this functions will be crucial.

Basic Member
    From the 3 spirits update changelog:
    - Increased maximum matchmaking party size to 6, to allow a coach to teach an entire team of students (but you can't Find Match if you have 6 players with no coach)

Basic Member
    I like it but I would love that feature to be implemented