Basic Member

[Confirmed] Earth Spirit - Rolling Boulder isn't interrupted correctly

This seems rather complex so, bare with me here :
    To test this
    Custom game -> Pick Earth Spirit
    Level Rolling Boulder
    Spawn 2 enemies : 1 with stun (delayed, Sven is fine), 1 as target

Scenario 1
    Order Sven to stun you outside of range (time window)
    When Stun is flying roll not aiming at the enemy <This means that enemy shouldn't be in the path of Rolling Boulder, just aim in different direction>
    Result w/o Stone Remnant : Rolling Boulder is interrupteed, Kaolin stays in place/where Boulder managed to travel [All fine here]
    Result w/ Stone Remnant : The same [All fine here]

Scenario 2
    Order Sven to stun you outside of range (time window)
    When Stun is flying roll aiming at the enemy <As if you wanted to hit him with Rolling Boulder>
    Result w/o stone Remnant : If Enemy was within range of normal Rolling boulder, after stun Kaolin teleports behind enemy (as if roll was successful), enemy takes damage from Rolling Boulder. If enemy was outside of range of Normal rolling boulder, interruption occurs as in Scenario 1 w/o Stone Remnant [Expected Result : Stun interrupts Kaolin if it reaches him before Rolling Boulder reaches enemy]
    Result w/ Stone Remnant : If enemy was within range of normal Rolling Boulder or enhanced Rolling Boulder, after stun Kaolin teleports behind enemy (as if roll was successful), enemy takes damage from Rolling Boulder, enemy is slowed from Rolling Boulder. If enemy was outside of range of Ehnanced Rolling Boulder, interruption occurs as described in Scenario 1 w/o Stone Remnant [Expected Result : Stun interrupts Kaolin if it reaches him before Rolling Boulder reaches enemy]

Note : In case of using Stone Remnant, it doesn't matter where, on the line between Kaolin and the Enemy (As long as it's within reach of normal Rolling Boulder!), Stone Remnant is located. Stunning Kaolin after he casts Rolling Boulder doesn't prevent the Stone Remnant from being consumed and invisibly boosting Kaolin, allowing "enhanced" version of bug to occur. To test this try the Scenario 2 w/ Stone Remnant and place remnant at various distances, like : right in front of Kaolin ; same distance between Kaolin and Enemy ; right next to enemy (Remember to keep it within reach of Normal Rolling Boulder). In my case, all results were the same, bug still occured.

I understand this might seem odd, I highly suggest trying it out in Custom Lobby, set up experiment as I've described and keep in mind what I think the issue is :
    Kaolin himself gets stunned, but "dummy unit" that rolls doesn't. If there is no target to be hit, dummy unit does nothing as being Stunned takes priority over relocation. If there is enemy hero, being Stunned isn't prioritised over doing the effect of Rolling Boulder aka appearing behind + damage + slow and more damage if enhanced.

*Tiny P.S. Can we have Kaolin summon Stone Remnants from the ground and not the sky ? I see you've fixed his model missing medallion and lip-sync, which I am much grateful for, as is rest of the community.

Outworld Destroyer
    Same bugs apply.
    No target (just Rolling Boulder with enemy hero within it's path) = after Astral Imprisonemnt Kaolin is where he was initially imprisoned
    Enemy hero within reach of Rolling boulder (both enhanced and normal) = after Astral Imprisonemnt Kaolin is where he would be if Rolling Boulder hit enemy normally. Even though Imprisoned, Kaolin will still deal damage/apply debuff/consume remnants as if he was Rolling.

Video presentation featuring plausible in-game situation.
    Last edited by Tokagero; 02-26-2014 at 08:10 AM.

Basic Member
    Issue is still present after recent patch.

Basic Member
    Issue is still present after patch of 18th November.

I am sorry for the bump-ups but issue seems significant and got no recognision as of now.

Basic Member
    Issue still present after patch of 22nd November

maybe it is intended, as a kind of blink-dodge to projectiles ?!

it still seems inconsistent though.
    i guess valve will consider this an unimportant bug and take some time to fix it or declare it intended

good structured explanation and nice find mate

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stinkepete View Post
    maybe it is intended, as a kind of blink-dodge to projectiles ?!
    It can't really be intended in it's current state.

In game it's basically Kaolin getting into Boulder, getting stunned, stun applying and then suddenly Kaolin gets warped behind target who got affected by the Rolling Boulder. If there's Stone Remnant on the way, it gets crushed by nothing if Kaolin is stunned.

Basic Member
    Just tested. Bug still exists.
    Even allied pudge can't save you with hook if you are in Rolling Boulder - you will teleport to the enemy's back.
    Motherboard: ASRock B85M PRO4
    CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 3.4Ghz
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
    RAM: 8GB DDR3

Added.
    Please, just call me buny.

Basic Member
    still bugged

For those of you that tried to read that wall of text and did not understand anything here is a video:

Dota 1:

Dota 2: