Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Cursed Items don't actually do anything. Why not?

Basic Member
    probably because valve didn't finish this part of the work before patch released. (i joke)
    Come visit my highlighted guide!How to play Support guide

Come show SUPPORT for fixing the slardar's model in Rant: Dota2's Slardar model thread. <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Yes.I.Did View Post
    God with 7k+ views and 99% of people agreeing that slardar's dota 2 model is shit we should take this thread over to dota2 dev and make them do something about it, i literally NEVER willingly pick slardar in dota 2 because of his ugly as shit model and attack animations.

Basic Member
    They're exclusive to the halloween event

Hopefully if you have a decent item it will rise in value as time passes

Having them "glow" is possibly is a terrible idea.

Its just something "cool" to have, just like tf2.

Tournament tag have same color, cursed items must change it.

Basic Member
    You guys are getting free items with a unique tag for a game that's completely free

You have a chance to receive decent quality free items that have value

I don't understand what people are complaining about. Isn't it presumptuous to ask for something special, valuable and visually unique? I mean, they already have the cursed tag and color, its something special that can be obtained by people who don't want to spend a cent

It makes no sense to me and the tf2 community doesn't even complain about this shit.

The only thing I recommend changing is the color of the cursed tag to teal (like tf2) instead of purple
    Last edited by polkunus; 11-22-2013 at 12:35 PM.

Basic Member
    So, you cant get common trash. That automatically increases the chances to get a really good item form a materialize recipe. Isn't that good by itself? You also get a pretty purple name on your item. Do you guys really think they should make such easily obtainable items glow and have special effects? What's the point of having a Wyvernguard edge, if any trash rare axe can have a shiny animation? Let's not make this game look like shit please :] (LoL)

i kinda agree, cursed items so freaking useless, 3 essences and 1 shadow and what u get? a random common ? with ''cursed'' name on it? thats why i dont actually play diretide, its not funny nor u can get anything out of it, just sadddddnessssss

Basic Member
    It is better don't use cursed items with purple color tag, which same as tournament / unusual color that may confuse others.

Nothing special meaning to cursed items

kindda agree