Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bug: GetMatchHistory not returning results with league_id option since patch

Quote Originally Posted by grzgrzgrz3 View Post
    To collect competitive game replayes do u need tickets for each tournament?
    If you want to get the actual replays, then first you need to resolve the matchid into a url. This involves pretending to be a dota 2 client, and so requires logging in with an account that must have ticket, yes. However, once you have the url (well, the salt, really) you do not need to perform any authentication to download the file; a simple GET will do.

Quote Originally Posted by BluePeppers View Post
    If you want to get the actual replays, then first you need to resolve the matchid into a url. This involves pretending to be a dota 2 client, and so requires logging in with an account that must have ticket, yes. However, once you have the url (well, the salt, really) you do not need to perform any authentication to download the file; a simple GET will do.
    From the limited testing I did, you do however need a ticket to view the replay. No free-loading!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Razumov View Post
    I am doing it manually. The bug with games not showing on the second page of tournaments is not making this fun. This is irritating and I can't cover all the tournaments or update the data in a timely manner.
    Are you still updating the matches manually?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Razumov View Post
    that someone who doesn't work at Valve and has a Valve contact makes that contact aware of the situation.
    I have some contacts of the Dota 2 team but I believe this is not a bug or if it is that they are aware of it.

Quote Originally Posted by xiN View Post
    I have some contacts of the Dota 2 team but I believe this is not a bug or if it is that they are aware of it.
    What makes you think that?

It's a bug.
    Using league_id parameter in the query returns 0 matches.
    And it's sadly.

DotA 2 Web API Processing with PHP
    DotA2 Statistic - Professional leagues statistic
    follow @dota2statistic

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Orblit View Post
    Are you still updating the matches manually?
    Yeah still manually. I have a couple ideas on how to do it automatically but haven't really explored them since I was hoping this would get fixed. Since the problem still remains and reading what xiN said, I'm guessing the status quo is likely to last long enough to pursue an alternative. I need to do some testing to see if either idea will work out. Also a bit nervous of posting a solution since if this was an intentional change then posting the alternative might lead to another API change. If I figure something out I'll post something in this thread.
    datdota.com -- Dota 2 Stats for the Professional Scene

Basic Member
    Isn't this situation like this since the implementation of the bo3/bo5 display in the Spectate / Tournaments tab in the game? They may want to change the way the bo3 and bo5 matches are displayed so that the API tells the format, instead of separate games. That could then be a bug, or they are implementing a new way for these matches in the API, and this hasn't been completed.

Basic Member
    They probably added "request_id" parameter to restrict access to those matches and we don't know the value for that parameter.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Orblit View Post
    They probably added "request_id" parameter to restrict access to those matches and we don't know the value for that parameter.
    Nvm, "request_id" parameter does absolutely nothing. Actually, they changed protobuf schema a while ago to not spoil bo3 and bo5 series in tournament matches, so the returned list of matches changed to a list of bo1, bo3, bo5 series and they did not update the web api. The outdated webapi can not parse the returned list of series.