Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ethereal and Prismatic Gems

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blazearmoru View Post
    Everyone remember how Valve put off diretide for this bullshit? Yea... about that...
    Showcase, coaching and 2 new heroes.

Can you stop trying to derail the topic into a hate train? Stay on topic.

-------

+1 there should have been some words about Artificer's Brand.

edit: From my research: Artificer's Band is in the files but it doesn't exist. (Correct me if I am wrong.)
    It was stated in the blog that the effect and color gem is only usable on unusual items. Your courier is not unusual --> you cannot apply the gem to it.
    Ethereal & Prismatic gems are used together on unusual items (couriers)
    So they didn't mislead you guys. You didn't interpret it right. The information was there.
    Last edited by GermanViet; 11-21-2013 at 02:49 AM.
    James "2GD" Harding's career as a Dota 2 host on Valve events
    * 25.02.16 - 26.02.16
    Spoiler: 

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GermanViet View Post
    Showcase, coaching and 2 new heroes.

Can you stop trying to derail the topic into a hate train? Stay on topic.

-------

+1 there should have been some words about Artificer's Brand.

edit: From my research: Artificer's Band is in the files but it doesn't exist. (Correct me if I am wrong.)
    It was stated in the blog that the effect and color gem is only usable on unusual items. Your courier is not unusual --> you cannot apply the gem to it.

So they didn't mislead you guys. You didn't interpret it right. The information was there.
    So why the gems are there if they only can be used in Unusuals? I would like Valve to explain everything and give us an cheaper-costing Brand.

Basic Member
    They did explain it and you didn't use the given information right.
    Artificer's Brand isn't even released. Yes it is in the gamefiles but you cannot get it. Hence it wasn't explained what it is. (And there are a lot in the game files which are not used.)
    (And if you know there is an Artificer's Brand why didn't you question why it is important to turn a usual courier into an unusual one?)

I don't know what you expect people to tell you.
    Gems are only usable on unusuals. In future you might be able to make a usual courier into an unusual one (using Artificer's Brand which is not released).
    People are using the socketing feature to turn their Unusuals into better Unusuals.

For example if you have an Unusual EF Boar, an Unusual Indigo Morok and an Unusual Wardog you can combine it into an Unusual EF Indigo Wardog.
    High tier effect, high tier color, high tier courier.
    But you cannot do this to e.g. Golden Greevil - yet (since it is not unusual).

It was explained and if you have further questions you should ask other people. If we go ahead and smash your courier and then find out because you didn't read what was said then it is your fault.

I don't think you can make a demand on how to aquire an Artificer's Brand and how much they should cost etc.
    Personally I like the idea that not every courier can be changed into an Unusual one easily.

You people complain on the basis that Valve didn't mention that these two gems where only applicable on Unusuals which they actually did.
    Ethereal & Prismatic gems are used together on unusual items (couriers)
    James "2GD" Harding's career as a Dota 2 host on Valve events
    * 25.02.16 - 26.02.16
    Spoiler: 

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GermanViet View Post
    They did explain it and you didn't use the given information right.
    Artificer's Brand isn't even released. Yes it is in the gamefiles but you cannot get it. Hence it wasn't explained what it is. (And there are a lot in the game files which are not used.)
    (And if you know there is an Artificer's Brand why didn't you question why it is important to turn a usual courier into an unusual one?)

I don't know what you expect people to tell you.
    Gems are only usable on unusuals. In future you might be able to make a usual courier into an unusual one (using Artificer's Brand which is not released).
    People are using the socketing feature to turn their Unusuals into better Unusuals.

For example if you have an Unusual EF Boar, an Unusual Indigo Morok and an Unusual Wardog you can combine it into an Unusual EF Indigo Wardog.
    High tier effect, high tier color, high tier courier.
    But you cannot do this to e.g. Golden Greevil - yet (since it is not unusual).

It was explained and if you have further questions you should ask other people. If we go ahead and smash your courier and then find out because you didn't read what was said then it is your fault.

I don't think you can make a demand on how to aquire an Artificer's Brand and how much they should cost etc.
    Personally I like the idea that not every courier can be changed into an Unusual one easily.

You people complain on the basis that Valve didn't mention that these two gems where only applicable on Unusuals which they actually did.
    Bottom line is you are correct, the information they gave was easy to grasp. However, there is still issues...

1: Valve should have told the community that the brand won't be made available yet - to avoid the masses destroying their couriers.
    2: Valve should not have allowed the community to use standard chisels on an unusual courier, thus losing slots.
    3: Valve should have explained that any inscribed gems are for hero items only and can not be added to couriers unusual or standard ones.
    4: Valve should have had all these issues fixed before the release of the updates or have messages pop up (they love their new pop ups) when a user attempted to customise their courier and warned them or not allowed them to make changes.

Whilst I agree wholeheartedly with you that yes they gave us information they weren't crystal clear (for those who can misinterpret information). Especially on such an expensive and sought after item like unusual couriers, they dropped the ball and have pissed their community off royally.

Basic Member
    Will they ever allow two Ethereal gems in one courier, though? That is the question!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Will they ever allow two Ethereal gems in one courier, though? That is the question!
    they have given zero information on multiple gems in a courier except the 2 standard types can be fitted.

Its fair to assume you can, for instance a diretide corruption/orbital decay/ships in the night

Quote Originally Posted by Lamarq View Post
    I think I understand this system now. It was never intended to make people all get this one courier they wanted, but they couldnt because it was too expensive, its about creating couriers that normallyt didnt exist.

Like Lotus shagbark for example. Impossible to get before. Now it is. And it would be worth alot when you create it, and should look good. It was for interesting stuff like that, and not an easy way to get a Ef roshan.
    Didnt they update all the old chests to include chances at couriers that they previously didnt before? What I mean is, Im pretty sure you now have a chance to pull a Lotus Shagbark out of the Lotus Chest, same as the ones that were there.

The reason behind the brand being so prohibitively expensive is because they dont WANT anybody to be able to have as many unusual couriers as they want to. They want to try to keep the supply of gems (especially older ones) low so that people either spend a lot of money via the marketplace or get heavily invested into getting items in the game and saving up to buy/trade for them. This is why you can't just remove gems and have the sockets in the courier without destroying the courier (if you want to keep your gems you have to spend money or acquire an unusual hammer), and why you cant put in gems you have traded for into an existing courier without destroying the gems themselves. Eventually the "unusual courier base" is going to plummet in price to where people just trade for the cheapest effect possible and destroy the crappy gems to socket in the effect/color they want, it's the gems themselves that are going to be expensive because they're harder to obtain (you have to destroy an unusual courier to get them). This goes for ALL courier models, and the only reason that you see unusual Shagbarks trading for 15k bottom and Cluckles for 3k bottom is because there are about a billion more unusual Cluckles than there are Shagbarks, but in about a month or so Shagbark will be right down to 5k with a cheap effect because of the volume of unusual Shagbarks being opened.

In short, with the info that Valve have given us now, I dont think the Brand is MEANT to be accessible because theyd rather people just buy a bunch of keys to get unusual couriers than buy a cheap recipe for an item that makes any courier unusual.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblez View Post
    So why the gems are there if they only can be used in Unusuals? I would like Valve to explain everything and give us an cheaper-costing Brand.
    I dont understand the first part of your post, are you asking why Ethereal/Prismatic gems can only be used in Unusuals? They likely wont reduce the cost of the brand because they dont want you to be able to take any courier from the store and apply your three dollar brand to it and thats all the money they get from you. Theyll make more when you buy 20 keys to try to get the unusual you want and then spend money in the marketplace to get the gems you want for your desired effect/color. Frankly, I dont think this is a bad decision, with the bottom falling out on prices of almost every non-Immortal item in the game, its nice to be able to still have something of value that doesnt have a yellow Immortal tag on it or require me to drop hundreds of dollars to go to a tournament and get some e-"celeb" to give me an autograph tag.
    Last edited by Codeninebreaker; 11-26-2013 at 01:32 PM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxiPad View Post
    Bottom line is you are correct, the information they gave was easy to grasp. However, there is still issues...

1: Valve should have told the community that the brand won't be made available yet - to avoid the masses destroying their couriers.
    2: Valve should not have allowed the community to use standard chisels on an unusual courier, thus losing slots.
    3: Valve should have explained that any inscribed gems are for hero items only and can not be added to couriers unusual or standard ones.
    4: Valve should have had all these issues fixed before the release of the updates or have messages pop up (they love their new pop ups) when a user attempted to customise their courier and warned them or not allowed them to make changes.

Whilst I agree wholeheartedly with you that yes they gave us information they weren't crystal clear (for those who can misinterpret information). Especially on such an expensive and sought after item like unusual couriers, they dropped the ball and have pissed their community off royally.
    BOLD : thats why they mades this info unclear
    trap for community
    more ppl destroyeing their couriers ==> more ppl lookin for new couriers ==> more money