Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] 2 Earth Spirit bugs

Basic Member

[Confirmed] 2 Earth Spirit bugs

Playing Earth Spirit a lot in Dota1, I've noticed the following bugs in Dota2:

1. Rolling Boulder doesnt give flying vision.

http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Earth_Spirit
      Notes:

The boulder moves at a speed of 800, 1600 when using a Stone Remnant.
      This skill will always go the full distance, you cannot choose a shorter distance. It stops on the opposite side of the first hero it impacts. The Stone Remnant is consumed when used as a boost for rolling.
      Gives Kaolin flying vision.
      Dota1:

Dota2:

2. Rolling Boulder + Remnant distance calculation is wrong:
      • If you place Remnant at the start of the Rolling Boulder path, you travel a total of 1600 distance (correct)
      • If you place Remnant at the end of the Rolling Boulder path, you travel a total of 2100 distance (wrong but cool ) Fixed
    3. Stone Remnant ability doesn't work when Kaolin is silenced. Works in Dota1, but not in Dota2. This is a repost from my other thread.
    Last edited by bu3ny; 02-01-2014 at 04:41 AM.
    Motherboard: ASRock B85M PRO4
    CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 3.4Ghz
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
    RAM: 8GB DDR3

Basic Member
    Who writes the Wiki... This stuff is almost totally made-up. Rolling Boulder does not grant Flying vision (unless you count 75/75 as actual vision), and has never done so.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by imxtrabored View Post
    Who writes the Wiki... This stuff is almost totally made-up. Rolling Boulder does not grant Flying vision (unless you count 75/75 as actual vision), and has never done so.
    You have no idea what you are talking about:

Since Dota 2 is the main game now, things that happen in DotA1 ARE BUGS. Not in Dota 2.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stenliii View Post
    Since Dota 2 is the main game now, things that happen in DotA1 ARE BUGS. Not in Dota 2.
    lol so 2100 Rolling Boulder distance with a Remnant (instead of always 1600 as in Dota1) is a feature in Dota2 ? And all those other bugs in this section about Earth Spirit (like Magnetic Grip targeting buildings, Rolling Boulder teleportation when stunned, etc.) that didnt exist in Dota1 are features too right ?
    Not.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danat View Post
    lol so 2100 Rolling Boulder distance with a Remnant (instead of always 1600 as in Dota1) is a feature in Dota2 ? And all those other bugs in this section about Earth Spirit (like Magnetic Grip targeting buildings, Rolling Boulder teleportation when stunned, etc.) that didnt exist in Dota1 are features too right ?
    Not.
    Yes, everything in dota 2 is a feature, WC3 is now trying to imitate dota 2 so if there is any discrepancy it is a bug in WC3, if there is anything that does not match the expected behaviour of an skill in dota 2 it is a feature, not a bug.

The second bug is pretty funny but is calculated incorrectly. In dota 1, it would speed you up when you hit the remnant (right?), but in dota 2 it is calculated beforehand if you will hit a remnant or not. It would have been extremely difficult in Wc3 editor to create the same functionality it has right now and the remnant would be destroyed before rolling over it. It is nice that it is calculated beforehand if you will hit it or not, but the speedup should occur after. Also, it is very strange how the choosing of the remnant to be destroyed in the path of the boulder works. I have had times where the farthest remnant was destroyed when rolling over the first one.

Basic Member
    Oh yeah. Forgot about the Bear Form vision bug that happens (because Icefrog made Rolling Boulder a transformation skill...). Still, if you would actually experiment with the skill, you would find that it doesn't always give you the full amount of vision. Officially, you get flying vision "at the same time" as your vision becomes 75/75 (and you get the ground vision dummy). Realistically, you would have to port in the Bear Form bug as well as the slower vision updating cycles to Dota 2 to reproduce this effect.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockonrob View Post
    In dota 1, it would speed you up when you hit the remnant (right?)
    Yes, but this is the same in Dota2. Do not confuse with the total distance traveled

but in dota 2 it is calculated beforehand if you will hit a remnant or not.
    No it doesnt work like that. Try it in lobby with 2 Kaloins - one casts Rolling Boulder and the other places Remnant on the end of its path in the last moment. Only when you encounter the Remnant, the speed and distance are added. Like I said, in Dota2 the length of your Rolling Boulder path will vary depending on how early/late in the path the Remnant is rolled over. It's 800 without Remnant and a range from 1600 to 2100 which you can control by placing Remnants in the right location, which I consider a bug since the distance should always be increased by 100% (800 + 100% = 1600)

Also, it is very strange how the choosing of the remnant to be destroyed in the path of the boulder works. I have had times where the farthest remnant was destroyed when rolling over the first one.
    Hmm never noticed anything like this. Maybe I just got used to placing only one Remnant most of the time when using Rolling Boulder.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by imxtrabored View Post
    Oh yeah. Forgot about the Bear Form vision bug that happens (because Icefrog made Rolling Boulder a transformation skill...)
    Transformation skill should evade stuns during transformation iirc, but this doesnt happen with Earth Spirit. Flying vision can be granted without this anyway.

Still, if you would actually experiment with the skill, you would find that it doesn't always give you the full amount of vision.
    I don't think I ever had problems with flying vision not appearing. Even if it doesn't give you full amount of vision on rare occasions, I dont think I would suffer from that - most of the time I just need to see what is happening on the high-ground near me as Im about to move there via Rolling Boulder and full amount of vision is not required there.

Realistically, you would have to port in the Bear Form bug as well as the slower vision updating cycles to Dota 2 to reproduce this effect.
    This is not really required. Batrider has flying vision in Dota2 without this, and the way it works with him should be ok for Kaolin.
    Last edited by Danat; 11-19-2013 at 01:15 AM.