Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Windrunner and Necrolyte --> Windranger and Necrophos?

Quote Originally Posted by Legion Commander View Post
    I didn't update my Dota 2, how can i help?
    If you can pull all of the Necrolyte voice acting files, before they were heavily distorted, I would be very thankful to you- friend of friends.

Quote Originally Posted by bluerebel View Post
    A friend was able to compile the voices for a small mod http://doctorsharktopus.tumblr.com/p...nner-voice-fix you'll have to edit the Windrunner line by going into the notepad file yourself.
    As for me, I'm still working on a mod that installs via executable. Valve removed rival/friendly lines such as "Chase them down windrunner" and "Windrunner slow down, and stay down". I can't get the game to read them even if I patch them back in so this is going to take a while.
    Good to see that you did nab the files, bluerebel- I never received your Steam friend request, so I wasn't able to send them to ye directly.

I'll certainly be using that mod, and rename Windrunner within the file as well. Viva la Windrunner. I'm not sure how many of the rival/ally lines you have, but I saved them all if you are still missing any.

Here's the quote on how to give her back her true name, within the game:
    Quote Originally Posted by IronChef View Post
    steam\steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\dota\resource\dota_english.txt

An easy fix for personal use, you can rename every hero they way you like. (Not sure if it was posted in this thread before)
    Last edited by Duplosion; 11-23-2013 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duplosion View Post
    Necrolyte's original voice was unique and perfectly fitting to the character.
    Ironically, Sam Mowry's heroes—Necrophos included—were often criticized for sounding too similar.

Banned
    Sylvanas Windrunner. It's that character that was used for Drow Ranger Trax.
    Windrunner is a family in Warcraft world. And therefore Blizzard uses it's ball jerking power to impose copyright claims, instead of focusing on their own game.
    Sad really.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Here you go: Necrolyte's Voices

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix. View Post
    2013: 10 heroes, 3 reworks, 4 events, hats, 1 arcana and TI
    2014: 4 heroes, 2 events, 2 arcanas, hats, 1 rework and TI.
    Lazyness. Not to mention the lack of bugfixes, and the amount of new ones with each new content added

Credits to Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion Commander View Post
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Here you go: Necrolyte's Voices
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give appreciation! Now we may create a lovely patch pack to return Necrolyte to all his glory.

Well, I myself don't have the technical know how to do so, but I am sure bluerebel does.

Quote Originally Posted by Duplosion View Post
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give appreciation! Now we may create a lovely patch pack to return Necrolyte to all his glory.

Well, I myself don't have the technical know how to do so, but I am sure bluerebel does.
    I was playing Necrophos (Yes, I'm using the new Name to get used to it) yesterday and his voice was back to normal. I didn't change any files or anything, so can someone confirm if it's actually changed back?
    "By my horns, you'll not live to see the dawn!"

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kusariyaro View Post
    Sylvanas Windrunner. It's that character that was used for Drow Ranger Trax.
    Windrunner is a family in Warcraft world. And therefore Blizzard uses it's ball jerking power to impose copyright claims, instead of focusing on their own game.
    Sad really.
    Sad that you didn't provide any source ofr your claim.

Banned
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Windrunner

Why would Valve change the name that has existed for over a year now?

Basic Member
    wtf are those names ?! and what happend to necro voice ?
    !!! SAY NO FOR MUTE SYSTEM !!!

How many pages squabbling over stupid crap? Just provide a better name. Valve changed "obsidian demolisher" because that was stupid.