Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Windrunner and Necrolyte --> Windranger and Necrophos?

change her to wind

Basic Member
    I knew that once they started changing names it would only be a matter of time until they changed Windrunner, don't be surprised if in the future they change Brewmaster, Ogre Magi, or even Beastmaster or Lich.

I understand if they have to change them but for the love of god you can't just have a hero recognized by a certain name and then change it 3 years later.

First of all, it was an obvious issue, I knew Magnus was never gonna be Magnataur, yet they still made hero lines calling him Magnataur, they should have known form the start that he was never gonna be Magnataur.

if they have to change hero names then for the love of god just get them all over with at once and stop changing one or two ever other month.
    Quote Originally Posted by daed View Post
    This is another example as to why the developers should never seriously take in consideration any post on the dev forums.

In the name of gaben, dafuq volvo are you drinking srsly
    PAS HALL OF FAME
    Spoiler: 

Quote Originally Posted by Banethulhu View Post
    I knew that once they started changing names it would only be a matter of time until they changed Windrunner, don't be surprised if in the future they change Brewmaster, Ogre Magi, or even Beastmaster or Lich.
    Lich are generic fantasy ice ghosts, there wouldn't be a reason to change that.
    Beastmaster is also a generic race/class in many tabletop games and stuff, so I don't see why they'd need to change that.
    Brewmaster is a tricky one. A brewmaster is a real thing, but combined with Brew's appearance and skills, it might be awkward.
    Ogre Magi seems generic enough.

It was only a matter of time for Windrunner. I'm surprised the name lasted that long.

Necrophos is fucking awesome. I approve of this change 100%, but only if (as mentioned) they get Mowry back into the studio to record some new lines. I don't want them to just remove any line referring to "Necrolyte" and leave it there.

Necrophos? Why? I am 99% sure Necrolyte as a name was never used in Warcraft. Granted, Necrophos does sound cooler, but why the change? Since it may bring new Mowry voice lines or reasonable Warlock/Anti-Mage/Necrolyte/Slardar reworks (I think at least one of them needs a different VA. I've played in a team with Warlock and Necro against Anti-Mage, I never knew who died because they all sound the same), I kind of approve.

Now what is the name they want to call Windrunner? Windranger?

Plz no vulva

Quote Originally Posted by The4thSniporr View Post
    Necrophos is fucking awesome. I approve of this change 100%, but only if (as mentioned) they get Mowry back into the studio to record some new lines. I don't want them to just remove any line referring to "Necrolyte" and leave it there.
    Necro only has one spawn line where he says "Necrolyte" so chances are they just remove it and don't bother to replace it any time soon.
    Windrunner has a ton of lines referencing her name, so that change isn't quite as easy (or cheap)

Basic Member
    Windrunner is used constantly in the Warcraft universe.

And now, with HotS, its possible that they will have Alleria Windrunner as a playable character.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Alleria_Windrunner

^ its literally everywhere. Anybody who thinks that this has nothing to do with the name change must have actual brain damage.

As for Necrolyte...

http://www.wowwiki.com/Necrolyte

Also used by Blizzard.

Banned
    Lyralei sounds too LoL'ish for me, but Windranger sounds pretty shit as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Banethulhu View Post

I understand if they have to change them but for the love of god you can't just have a hero recognized by a certain name and then change it 3 years later.

First of all, it was an obvious issue, I knew Magnus was never gonna be Magnataur, yet they still made hero lines calling him Magnataur, they should have known form the start that he was never gonna be Magnataur.

if they have to change hero names then for the love of god just get them all over with at once and stop changing one or two ever other month.
    If I was a betting man, I would definitely put money on them changing Beastmaster's name. I would be all for changing Lich's name, also. I don't really know what to, though.
    I will mercilessly add to my ignore list anyone that makes an incredibly annoying signature.