Thread: [Confirmed]Rolling boulder stone remnant detection at the starting point is a bit off

Basic Member

[Confirmed]Rolling boulder stone remnant detection at the starting point is a bit off

In Dota 2 when earth spirit uses his rolling boulder skill it doesn't check valid stone remnants in about 100(?) aoe around Earth Spirit, meaning that you cannot boost your rolling boulder with a stone if the stone is directly behind Kaolin.
    In DotA rolling boulder took stones into account, even if they were behind Kaolin (but they need to be close to him)

This means that you do not always get boosted by a stone, and do not slow enemies or travel faster etc., and you can easily miss kills or fail to escape because of this bug.
    Even if you are even a little bit in front of the stone remnant of Dota2 (about 30 units or so) you will not get boosted by boulder.

In DotA I was able to boost my roll when I was standing in coordinates of (1900.67, -5494.64) and the stone was in (1991.25, -5494.64), and I targeted rolling boulder to the opposite direction (To the direction I am facing in screen shot)

Just pointing out that 100 units is just approximate, don't know what is the real check area at the beginning of the cast
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Equivocal; 11-22-2013 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Equivocal View Post
    Unfortunately I cannot provide screen shots of it because I cannot convert .tga files without an ugly water mark.
    I think IrfanView can do it, but to be really safe, just use GIMP.
    If you think I've closed or deleted a post unjustified, feel free to PM me and I'll explain it to you/discuss it with you further.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryil- View Post
    I think IrfanView can do it, but to be really safe, just use GIMP.
    Thanks. Updated OP with new screenshots
    Last edited by Equivocal; 11-21-2013 at 05:45 AM.

Banned
    It should also check for heroes
    Last edited by Noo; 03-19-2014 at 08:36 AM.