Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Please revert the changes to Necrolyte/Necropho's voice

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WhaleRum View Post
    I really think this is a bug. I cannot for the life of me think Valve purposely made his voice like this. It really reminds me of one of those talking dolls with a dying battery.
    It does sound like a doll with a dying battery lol. I hope you are right about it being a bug.

Basic Member
    The new voice over is really awful. I really hope it's a bug and will be reverted ASAP.

Banned
    Let's assume they change it, does anyone know how I can keep the current bugged one?

The new one too monsterly for this cute model.Thus its not fitting the character...They should either change the model or the voice.

Basic Member
    Valve pls give back old vocie. The new one is horrible. I dont even want to update dota.

Basic Member
    Really shit voice. I like the old >.<
    Please valve, revert this...

It does honestly sound awful, and not fitting the character at all. If Valve did this purposefully, I have no idea what they are thinking- all they would have had to do is have Sam Mowry voice "Necrophos" to replace the "Necrolyte" spawning line. I agree with WhaleRum, it honestly sounds like a doll with a dying battery- quite terrible indeed.

Does anyone have all the old Necrolyte voice lines saved? If so, we can exchange them on our own, so we have them back for ourselves when loading the game (modding and editing files being permitted within Dota 2)- but it requires someone who has all of the original Necrolyte files.

Still though, it doesn't change that this needs to be reverted- the Necrophos voice is honestly God awful, everyone here is agreeing to that, and only one line needed to be changed.

Basic Member
    I didnt updated my DotaTu for this reason, if you tell me how to extract old Necrolyte sound files i'm gona try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Duplosion View Post
    all they would have had to do is have Sam Mowry voice "Necrophos" to replace the "Necrolyte" spawning line.
    http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/dota...r_spawn_01.mp3

They did

You know what I mean, smart alec- without distorting every single line Necrolyte says.

Anyhow, if someone hasn't updated yet and can pull the audio files, I would be greatly appreciative.