Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: RE: Luna's Nova

Maybe Nova is transgender

Quote Originally Posted by Hefaistus View Post
    This is exactly the attitude I don't want to see here. We don't have the full story, it's much more likely that Valve took the initiative themselves to differentiate more from the established Warcraft characters than Blizzard pressuring them into doing such.
    If I see any more pathetic statements like these, I will be taking action. Keep in mind that this thread is already on very thin ice - these kinds of threads are to be posted in the model feedback section, not the lore section.
    Dear Hefaistus moderator,

I hope you will allow this thread to exist.
    While I cannot speak for the rude actions of other anonymous posters, I hope you understand that this change is in some way related to Lore.

This is because Luna's voicelines have already been embedded into our minds and this is how we portray and associate Luna and Nova to be. This reason, coupled with the fact that Luna's mount, from Dota 1's inception, has always been a panther, a symbol for feminine prowess, makes for a very iconic identity of the heroine.

Thank you for your understanding.
    He's the hero this community deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt his identity, because he can take it, because he's not our hero. He's a silent buffer, a watchful nerfer. An IceFrog.

My Speedtest Result

Quote Originally Posted by BN_Darkness View Post
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Dota2Modding..._bananamancer/
    this guy brought back old models

i removed the others so it only contains luna on this one
    http://puu.sh/5qDr0.rar
    That is a good man, a bulk of the older models are far, far better than what Valve changed them to.

Quote Originally Posted by BN_Darkness View Post
    yeah bitch this guy too

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-xF8Xdw_pNT...Item+Build.jpg

I just see the high degree of hypocrisy these people

where changing a mount is bad and deface the character no

and the worst is that one has to change make sense, the other does not

priestesses of elune, use moon power, use the glaives, and ride panthers and other cats, and dota 2 stated the same thing, where are the guys of copyright on my topic of legiom commander to help me here ?

Legion Commander doesn't have anything to do with copyrights. Some characters have had differences from Dota 1 when initially being imported, such as Windrunner isn't a dark elf, Juggernaut isn't an orc, etc etc.
    Last edited by Duplosion; 11-23-2013 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duplosion View Post
    Legion Commander doesn't have anything to do with copyrights. Some characters have had differences from Dota 1 when initially being imported, such as Windrunner isn't a dark elf, Juggernaut isn't an orc, etc etc.
    this makes no sense, Windrunner never had the night elf model, she used the model of sylvanas before becoming undead, (practically the same thing this dota 1) and jugguernaut just put a mask and took his flag and cleared a bit its color

which made no sense at legiom to change EVERYTHING, no small thing as they

so I say, it makes no sense crying over change of mount

Quote Originally Posted by The4thSniporr View Post
    Panthers aren't copyrighted. Female warriors who use the moon as the source of their powers and ride on panthers, that's copyrighted.

Besides, she's still riding a panther. Just a panther with a mane.
    Nope, that was Blizzard stealing from Dungeons and Dragons. THe same goes for 80% of Wc3 creatures.

Quote Originally Posted by Hefaistus View Post
    This is exactly the attitude I don't want to see here. We don't have the full story, it's much more likely that Valve took the initiative themselves to differentiate more from the established Warcraft characters than Blizzard pressuring them into doing such.
    If I see any more pathetic statements like these, I will be taking action. Keep in mind that this thread is already on very thin ice - these kinds of threads are to be posted in the model feedback section, not the lore section.
    The change also relates to lore, as Nova is an integral part of her story.

Also if it belongs in the model feedback section. Then why haven't you moved it there. Is that not part of your duty as a mod?
    Last edited by Crowfeather; 11-23-2013 at 11:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    Nope. Windows Explorer is not a database
    Take a look into the mirror! You think you are completely unfailable. With your limited knowledge, you think that you know more than someone who is very deep in the matter/an expert.

Luna on a lion mount conflicts with the Dota 2 lore, and no one is "crying." As far as Sylvanas Windrunner goes, the skin and ears clearly indicate an elven heritage- which of course differs from Lyralei Windrunner of Dota 2.

Also, Legion Commander isn't the only hero to have their gender changed within the game. Anyhow, a mod has already let you know in the past to avoid this discussion, it causing the locking of another topic very recently.

Dota 1 lore and Dota 2 lore don't always coincide. Just look at this tree, there are some very large differences: http://bbs.replays.net/upload/200904...1579694223.jpg
    Last edited by Duplosion; 11-23-2013 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duplosion View Post
    Luna on a lion mount conflicts with the Dota 2 lore, and no one is "crying." As far as Sylvanas Windrunner goes, the ears clearly indicate an elven heritage- which of course differs from Lyralei Windrunner of Dota 2. Also, Legion isn't the only hero to have their gender changed within the game.

Dota 1 lore and Dota 2 lore don't always coincide. Just look at this tree: http://bbs.replays.net/upload/200904...1579694223.jpg
    the lore can be changed, once changed, can change again, simple, Now luna has a black lion different of dota 1, as you said need not coincide

the windrunner has not changed much, lost the pointy ears, and now has hair show, a few small changes of this kind I wanted to see the legiom

so I repeat, does not make sense to complain of such changes in dota 2
    Last edited by Siegfried; 11-23-2013 at 12:08 PM.

Incorrect. We are mainly talking about the existing Dota 2 lore and models being altered- this lore and these models having existed for nearly 3 years now inside of Dota 2.