Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 101

Thread: RE: Luna's Nova

  1. #61
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    43
    i love the old luna model. setting lore and such aside.

    the old model had style, had beauty, had elegance, had awesomeness, she was just awesome.

    the new one is none of the above. and thats sad.

  2. #62
    Volunteer Moderator Hefaistus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post
    Voice lines are of more importance than the Lore written by you (fan/volunteer moderator/ what ever title you wish) as opposed to being written by Valve. So Yes her name is Nova, and we must respect that until, Valve says otherwise.
    I don't know what lore you think I am referring to, but I am referring to the official lore from Valve, as found in the game, and in the Heropedia. I also mentioned that Nova is indeed her name, I merely stated that her name is not stated in the official lore from Valve, merely in Luna's voicelines.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post
    -->Feline "beastís massive feline form sat in the open, attentive and waiting"
    When have you ever seen a black Lion. Exactly you have not. This beast is not meant to be mythical, as it is "beast" not "monster". Therefore we can ascertain that it has to be a realistic looking animal. Panthers are Black so are fitting. Lions are not black so are not fitting.
    When have you seen a panther with blue fur on its tail and purple glowing eyes? You don't get to pull the 'realistic looking' -card when your precious panther was severely lacking in that department as well.
    Furthermore, there have been reports of black lions in the 19th century. There was also a lion in the Glasgow Zoo during the 80's that had a genetic defective that gave him a black mane.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post
    You do not get female lions with manes. This is blatantly a lion. You do not get black lions. Unless you are telling me that by this logic, that Valve could change the mount into this http://blacky-cat.deviantart.com/art...-Sky-337107722

    As no where does it specifically state that the beast didn't have wings. Heck how about they make the Beast have 20 arms and 3 heads and 4 tails. Yet still call it a "beast (in an animal sense)" and a "feline".
    Ofc these are exaggerations, but the point still stands.
    Actually, Lionesses can have manes:
    Rare Maned Lionesses Explained.
    Momboís Maned Lionesses.

    And yes, Valve can indeed use the mount into the one you posted - the lore merely says that Nova is a feline. Similarly, Cerberus is still considered a dog, despite having three heads. Besides, we often have multi-headed animals in real life as well. We still consider a two headed sheep a sheep, a two headed snake a snake, etcetera.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post
    Visual Design =/= lore. Okay okay, how about we turn the mount into a donkey. Visual Design =/= lore. Because that donkey wouldn't be lore breaking at all.

    Even if it was a lion in the lore. Its a FEMALE therefore a mane should not exist....
    Donkey's are feline these days?
    Besides, you are taking my visual design =/= lore in the wrong way. it indicates that the mount's visual design does not matter a large degree, as long as it remains recognizable as a feline. Is Luna's mount a feline? Obviously so.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post
    It is bad practice to start a debate with someone. Then threaten them. I would advise you in further discussions not to threaten them, as this causes the following issues:

    It hinders productivity of the discussion.
    It undermines your argument and makes you look weak.
    It makes you look like a despot.
    And here's my advise in further discussions when mods get involved: don't get cocky and try to challenge the Mod into taking action when it's obvious such action would hinder you more.
    To keep these forums clean and friendly, please read and follow the forum rules.
    Before making a new thread, be sure to have used search, as well as checking the stickies of the appropriate section.



    Lore moderator.

  3. #63
    Basic Member Crowfeather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,318
    Quote Originally Posted by Hefaistus View Post
    I don't know what lore you think I am referring to, but I am referring to the official lore from Valve, as found in the game, and in the Heropedia. I also mentioned that Nova is indeed her name, I merely stated that her name is not stated in the official lore from Valve, merely in Luna's voicelines.
    I said "you posted" obviously the lore in the thread you posted. Derp. Anyway my point still stands.


    When have you seen a panther with blue fur on its tail and purple glowing eyes? You don't get to pull the 'realistic looking' -card when your precious panther was severely lacking in that department as well.
    Furthermore, there have been reports of black lions in the 19th century. There was also a lion in the Glasgow Zoo during the 80's that had a genetic defective that gave him a black mane.
    Only reports, they don't actually exist. The pictures showing such things are manipulated and proven to be a hoax. http://karlshuker.blogspot.co.uk/201...anism-and.html
    Effectively for it to happen the lion would have to live its whole life in the dark.


    Actually, Lionesses can have manes:
    Rare Maned Lionesses Explained.
    Momboís Maned Lionesses.
    I know they can, the point that is a very rare condition. It is not something you typically see. Therefore it is considered to not the norm......
    Lionesses do not have manes, is a perfectly fine generalization.

    And yes, Valve can indeed use the mount into the one you posted - the lore merely says that Nova is a feline. Similarly, Cerberus is still considered a dog, despite having three heads. Besides, we often have multi-headed animals in real life as well. We still consider a two headed sheep a sheep, a two headed snake a snake, etcetera
    .
    This ignores all my points. Again the "lore says its merely feline", so you would agree with a 3 headed lion with five hundred legs, demonic wings, demonic horns, and udders?


    Donkey's are feline these days?
    Besides, you are taking my visual design =/= lore in the wrong way. it indicates that the mount's visual design does not matter a large degree, as long as it remains recognizable as a feline. Is Luna's mount a feline? Obviously so.
    How about a feline that looks almost exactly like a donkey?


    And here's my advise in further discussions when mods get involved: don't get cocky and try to challenge the Mod into taking action when it's obvious such action would hinder you more.
    And this is the point where I will no longer reply simply for the benefit of my own safety, so that I don't get abused. You have now proven by this statement, you cannot argue in a fair or mannered way. You use the privilege that you were given, in a dishonorable and despotic manner.
    You refuse to dispute in an even manner and prefer to push the fact that you are privileged in the belief that makes you "better than me". I would say you would have the view that "police" are better than citizens. In fact we are all and should be treated equally. I am challenging a mod, this is a fair challenge. Just because you re a volunteer moderator does not mean having a debate with you should be impossible.

    Even as a moderator you are my equal. You have more responsibility than me towards this forum, however you are equal to me when debating. It is not your position which dictates the answer (in a debate), it is your ability to argue. Simply put you instead of creating a coherent debate. Prefer to threat with power.

    I have not broken any forum rules, and if you still think that even a threat of "action" is necessary, then I believe you to have misunderstood me. You take a debate personally. This is sad. Debates are to ensure progress, not to massage the victors ego.
    Last edited by Crowfeather; 11-23-2013 at 04:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    Nope. Windows Explorer is not a database
    Take a look into the mirror! You think you are completely unfailable. With your limited knowledge, you think that you know more than someone who is very deep in the matter/an expert.

  4. #64
    Basic Member Siegfried's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    366
    so people, you have no more, the argument of "lore" to use, what will be next?

    a small change, the exchange of a black cat, by another cat, need all this mobilization?

    as I recall, said that dota 2 is not the same thing as dota1, and worse things can change

    I still hope to change the color of the ogre mage not to be as same as dota1

  5. #65
    Volunteer Moderator Hefaistus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post
    I know they can, the point that is a very rare condition. It is not something you typically see. Therefore it is considered to not the norm......
    Lionesses do not have manes, is a perfectly fine generalization.
    "I know there are lionesses with manes, but I'm going to say they don't exist anyway. Even now that I've been proven wrong, I'm going to say they don't exist."
    And with that I'm no longer going to bother continuing this discussion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post
    And this is the point where I will no longer reply simply for the benefit of my own safety, so that I don't get abused. You have now proven by this statement, you cannot argue in a fair or mannered way. You use the privilege that you were given, in a dishonorable and despotic manner.
    You refuse to dispute in an even manner and prefer to push the fact that you are privileged in the belief that makes you "better than me". I would say you would have the view that "police" are better than citizens. In fact we are all and should be treated equally. I am challenging a mod, this is a fair challenge. Just because you re a volunteer moderator does not mean having a debate with you should be impossible.

    Even as a moderator you are my equal. You have more responsibility than me towards this forum, however you are equal to me when debating. It is not your position which dictates the answer (in a debate), it is your ability to argue. Simply put you instead of creating a coherent debate. Prefer to threat with power.

    I have not broken any forum rules, and if you still think that even a threat of "action" is necessary, then I believe you to have misunderstood me. You take a debate personally. This is sad. Debates are to ensure progress, not to massage the victors ego.
    What the hell are you even on about? I am threatening you? Using my position to quell any discussion that is not advantageous to me? I was talking about the thread in general. I was warning that if people can't go into a discussion without going "fuck blizzard" or anything like that, that then the thread would be shut down. I was not talking about the statement 'This is against the lore'. It may be a very gross misconception, but it was not reason to close anything.
    I told people that this thread should not even be here, but that I was allowing it because there otherwise would not be a discussion. You then start telling me I should do my job as a moderator. Me withholding my abilities to shut down threads or move them to where you can't even see them, even after you specifically said I should use them, is what kept this thread running.

    Quelling a supposedly losing discussion by threat of power, what a bloody joke. It's a good idea of you to stop replying, cause holy hell, you have seriously pissed me off with that last statement. I hadn't considered taking any kind of action against you once, because it was just a minor discussion. Quit acting as though you were some kind of victim of the system.
    To keep these forums clean and friendly, please read and follow the forum rules.
    Before making a new thread, be sure to have used search, as well as checking the stickies of the appropriate section.



    Lore moderator.

  6. #66
    Basic Member Crowfeather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,318
    Quote Originally Posted by Hefaistus View Post
    "I know there are lionesses with manes, but I'm going to say they don't exist anyway. Even now that I've been proven wrong, I'm going to say they don't exist."
    And with that I'm no longer going to bother continuing this discussion.



    What the hell are you even on about? I am threatening you? Using my position to quell any discussion that is not advantageous to me? I was talking about the thread in general. I was warning that if people can't go into a discussion without going "fuck blizzard" or anything like that, that then the thread would be shut down. I was not talking about the statement 'This is against the lore'. It may be a very gross misconception, but it was not reason to close anything.
    I told people that this thread should not even be here, but that I was allowing it because there otherwise would not be a discussion. You then start telling me I should do my job as a moderator. Me withholding my abilities to shut down threads or move them to where you can't even see them, even after you specifically said I should use them, is what kept this thread running.

    Quelling a supposedly losing discussion by threat of power, what a bloody joke. It's a good idea of you to stop replying, cause holy hell, you have seriously pissed me off with that last statement. I hadn't considered taking any kind of action against you once, because it was just a minor discussion. Quit acting as though you were some kind of victim of the system.
    Well if you are not directly threatening me, then I am on safe ground.

    Now the part I am confused about, is
    And here's my advise in further discussions when mods get involved: don't get cocky and try to challenge the Mod into taking action when it's obvious such action would hinder you more.
    It's a good idea of you to stop replying, cause holy hell, you have seriously pissed me off with that last statement
    -->?So this wasn't a threat? "action would hinder you more"
    This is all kind of worrying.

    If you are sure that if we continue with a mannered debate, that you won't randomly abuse me, then I would be happy to proceed, if you are willing also.

    "I know there are lionesses with manes, but I'm going to say they don't exist anyway. Even now that I've been proven wrong, I'm going to say they don't exist."
    From the source you gave it pretty much states "Lionesses with manes" are caused from Mutation "Disruption of Embryo-Exposure to testosterone"

    Also you never addressed my other points.
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    Nope. Windows Explorer is not a database
    Take a look into the mirror! You think you are completely unfailable. With your limited knowledge, you think that you know more than someone who is very deep in the matter/an expert.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post
    When have you ever seen a black Lion. Exactly you have not. This beast is not meant to be mythical, as it is "beast" not "monster". Therefore we can ascertain that it has to be a realistic looking animal. Panthers are Black so are fitting. Lions are not black so are not fitting.
    As melanism is proven-to-exist condition in all Panthera species except lions, it doesn't take an exceptionally imaginative individual to accept a black one. That doesn't make it look any.less.feline.

    And being part of one's mythology doesn't exactly contradict the possibility of verifiable existence - what about leucistic deers which are common part of Celtic mythology or chinese white pheomelanin-lackin tigers which are actually pretty common nowadays due to inbreeding in captivity (interfamily one - genetic disorders - yaaaay humans!).

    Seems to me like you're grasping at straws just to have your way. I accept that mane is quite a damage to Nova's femininity, but again, this is goddamn fantasy game. You are able to accept bat big enough to carry a person, but no so much a possibility of the mane of this one specific feline species being not a secondary sex characteristic exclusive for males? Manes' solemn evolutionary purpose is to make a male seemingly bigger and more intimidating. What if this species of feline is more matriarchal? The females are the head of the pride (if there's one) needed to put on a show when it comes to fight over control of it. FOR EXAMPLE

    It's not so hard to accept it and move on.

  8. #68
    Basic Member Crowfeather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,318
    Quote Originally Posted by Manly Mao View Post
    As melanism is proven-to-exist condition in all Panthera species except lions, it doesn't take an exceptionally imaginative individual to accept a black one. That doesn't make it look any.less.feline.

    And being part of one's mythology doesn't exactly contradict the possibility of verifiable existence - what about leucistic deers which are common part of Celtic mythology or chinese white pheomelanin-lackin tigers which are actually pretty common nowadays due to inbreeding in captivity (interfamily one - genetic disorders - yaaaay humans!).

    Seems to me like you're grasping at straws just to have your way. I accept that mane is quite a damage to Nova's femininity, but again, this is goddamn fantasy game. You are able to accept bat big enough to carry a person, but no so much a possibility of the mane of this one specific feline species being not a secondary sex characteristic exclusive for males? Manes' solemn evolutionary purpose is to make a male seemingly bigger and more intimidating. What if this species of feline is more matriarchal? The females are the head of the pride (if there's one) needed to put on a show when it comes to fight over control of it. FOR EXAMPLE

    It's not so hard to accept it and move on.
    The main problem is the mane. The black lion thing is just emphasized by the main, without the main it would like any other panther.
    I am not clutching at straws. Also you say it foryouself Black lions don't exist. Also in the mythology it clearly states they are mythical beings. In the Luna Lore it references a beast a realistic creature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    Nope. Windows Explorer is not a database
    Take a look into the mirror! You think you are completely unfailable. With your limited knowledge, you think that you know more than someone who is very deep in the matter/an expert.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post
    The main problem is the mane. The black lion thing is just emphasized by the main, without the main it would like any other panther.
    I am not clutching at straws. Also you say it foryouself Black lions don't exist. Also in the mythology it clearly states they are mythical beings. In the Luna Lore it references a beast a realistic creature.
    A realistic creature in unrealistic made up universe.

  10. #70
    Basic Member Crowfeather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,318
    Quote Originally Posted by Manly Mao View Post
    A realistic creature in unrealistic made up universe.
    the lore states realism
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    Nope. Windows Explorer is not a database
    Take a look into the mirror! You think you are completely unfailable. With your limited knowledge, you think that you know more than someone who is very deep in the matter/an expert.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •