Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: RE: Luna's Nova

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

RE: Luna's Nova

It does not fit. The old Nova had more color diversity and looks aesthetically way better.
    NOTE: I am aware this video is from the old test client, the new Nova model has some changes to it, but the point still stands. For newer models, look at the screenshots below.

Luna's mount never had a mane, not in Dota 1, not in Dota 2 2012, please do not change it now.

If you want a mane, release it as a cosmetic.

Please Valve, This is my favourite hero alongside many others and we request you do not mess with the original template design.

Look at the voicelines:
    Hah! I remember when Nova tried to kill me. Good girl.
    Nova! I missed you!
    Nova? Nova?
    Hungry Nova?

These lines have been ingrained so much into me as a Luna player, why change it now?
    Nova has always been a female panther cat-thing. Nova is silent and does not roar like Mirana's mount.
    New Model's mane is large and clips into Nova's front paws and into the ground. It would be difficult to imagine how an agile large black panther
    which is supposed to be a 'girl' should move with a cumbersome mane.
    Gameplay mechanics-wise, it would be difficult to justify Luna's 330 highest starting movespeed in the game with a sluggish male lion instead of a nimble panther.

OLD MODEL:

NEW MODEL:

Dota 1 artwork:

Dota 2 fanart:

and many others on Google: Luna Dota 2
    Last edited by d.phoenixxx; 11-21-2013 at 10:48 PM.
    He's the hero this community deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt his identity, because he can take it, because he's not our hero. He's a silent buffer, a watchful nerfer. An IceFrog.

My Speedtest Result

+1

Actually, if they changed her voice lines to match, I suppose I don't mind. But I hope they don't get rid of the original voice itself, that was a good one!
    I will mercilessly add to my ignore list anyone that makes an incredibly annoying signature.

Basic Member
    Nova was allways a panther.

Chainging the core principle of a hero is the worst idea ever.

Basic Member
    this is serious, bring back nova

Basic Member
    Not to mention that Luna's a night themed hero. Panthers are naturally nocturnal, lions aren't.

Basic Member
    Panther is an integral and important part of the Luna. Because panther is a nightly animal, so it is associated with the moon and night. Panther is a symbol of the feminine energy. Its symbol of the formidable, beautiful, clever, cunning woman.
    Not a huge black lion!!!
    This lion looks very bad. Mane has a very bad texture, and it takes a very large part of the model.
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つPlease bring back panther!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AleaJacta View Post
    Panther is an integral and important part of the Luna. Because panther is a nightly animal, so it is associated with the moon and night. Panther is a symbol of the feminine energy. Its symbol of the formidable, beautiful, clever, cunning woman.
    Not a huge black lion!!!
    This lion looks very bad. Mane has a very bad texture, and it takes a very large part of the model.
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つPlease bring back panther!!!
    +1. Let's step it up Valve, we can do it. Bring Nova back. Everyone's dying to say "Nooooouva! I missed ya!"

Optimistic Pessimist

Quote Originally Posted by Vermouth View Post
    If I use these textures will they get deleted every major patch, and I'll have to keep replacing them? Or will they stay forever? I'm also looking for the old Pudge model if you have anything like that.

Thanks btw!
    Last edited by noobschoolbus; 11-22-2013 at 03:21 PM.

Basic Member
    +1 on everything. They could've up the quality on the old model, but not this.