Thread: Three more Earth Spirit Bugs with Rolling Boulder, Geomagnetic grip and stone remnant

Exclamation Three more Earth Spirit Bugs with Rolling Boulder, Geomagnetic grip and stone remnant

In Dota 1 Earth Spirit has some different Mechanics.

With Rolling Boulder in Dota 1 Kaolin can place a Stone Remnant behind himself or run past one and still get the bonus speed / distance with Rolling Boulder. It can be placed quite a distance away, probably further than melee.

In Dota 2 Rolling boulder will only proc the extra speed and distance if the stone remnant is in the path of the rolling boulder. Even if it is directly on Kaolin it will not proc the extra speed and distance.

Also in Dota1 Geomagnetic Grip will grip a stone remnant to a predetermined distance away from Kaolin, no closer or further.

In Dota 2 Geomagnetic Grip will continue trying to grip the stone remnant closer and closer. Obviously you will never grip this many times but still the mechanic is different and should be fixed.

Earth Spirit Rolling Boulder and Geomagnetic Grip Mechanics with Stone Remnant Dota 1

Earth Spirit Rolling Boulder and Geomagnetic Grip Mechanics with Stone Remnant Dota 2

Also I dont know if this is intended or a bug (this better not be intended for Dota 2) but you get a targeting circle with your mouse around the stone remnant in Dota 1, with your spells or just plain right click it. This means you can right click it in Dota 1 and walk up to the stone remnant. In Dota 2 you do not get a targeting circle and you cannot right click the stone remnant to walk up to it. Instead when depress a spell and get ready to cast it the cursor will stick on the stone if your mouse is over it. The one major problem with this is that its almost impossible to tell if you have a hero / creep or stone remnant selected for your spells where as in Dota 1 it was easy to tell what you had selected because of the targeting circle. I tell you when there is a hero, and you want to silence them but the stone remnant is right ontop of them, you will smash the hero away more often than not and cause your team to HATE you. All you wanted to do was silence them but no, you cant tell what you are targeting since there is no targeting circle for the stone remnants, only a sticky mouse. Please tell me this last one is a bug.
    LoL = Checkers. DoTa = Chess.

Rolling Boulder's search area being wrong and the remnants not being selectable is already in the list. Adding grip bug.
    Please, just call me buny.