Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Items dissapearing when dropped on the ground

Items dissapearing when dropped on the ground

As the title says, playing today as faceless void made me encounter weird bug, items dissapeared for me only when I dropped them on the ground.2011-12-10_00001.jpg

I get this, too. Can't even mouseover or click on the item. Only the glow and the item's shadow are there. Have had this happen twice online and was able to replicate in botmatch by just dropping items around.

This seems to happen to all items. Tried dropping, having a friend drop and disassembling a ring of bas.

However! If you move the camera north, so the item is on the bottom half of the screen it reappears!

You can then click and mouseover for tooltip correctly, so it's not a networking bug or anything. The item is really there.

Here's two dropped items so you can see pretty much exactly where the line is:
    2011-12-10_00004.jpg

My graphics card is ATI Radeon HD 5700. I'm running old drivers that come with the CD (cos new ones keep crashing).
    My dxdiag: DxDiag.txt

Running Dota 2 in 1920x1080 windowed noborder.

Basic Member
    I have the same issue...

Basic Member
    Same here and same to some mates...

It has also something to do with the angle you look at the item. e.g. when you scroll in, it appears again

running dota 2 on nvidia with drivers up to date, 1366x768 16:9
    without antialias, without ambient occlusion and without shadows, the rest maxed out.

hope this will be fixed soon, thats really an annoying problem

Basic Member
    Same problem here. Running a Radeon 5850. Not only does the item disappear like that but random rocks appear and disappear depending on camera angle.

Basic Member
    Same issue:

Extemely painful when you drop an item in base an cant get it up no more. I died of a heartattack several times when 4k+ items disappeared.
    Also: The stairs at the base entries have holes on different angles of view. So at the Dire's you can see the lava under it in one view and you don't in the other.

Comparison:

Res: 1280x720 - 16:9
    Conf: GeForce 9800GTX+, 4096 mb RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo E6800 3,2 GHz

Hope this helps.

Greets
    Last edited by Maxi_King; 12-10-2011 at 06:03 PM.

Basic Member
    I have the exact same bug, Radeon 4870 1280x 800 fullscreen windowed.

It seems to be a new bug for me, from the last patch. Before the patch I could see the items fine.
    Last edited by Cirrus; 12-10-2011 at 06:28 PM.

Same bug, GTX 460, 1600x900 borderless windowed
    This bug also happens with runes too.

Same bug here, happens consistently in practice and live matches.
    ◕_◕

Basic Member
    GTX 650 ti, same issue so I don't think GPU is the matter. The current solution is to move around the camera until the item shows.