Thread: Lifedrain/Manadrain is not stopped by invisibility when enemy location is telemetered

Lifedrain/Manadrain is not stopped by invisibility when enemy location is telemetered

How it usually works: then enemy goes invisible lifedrain/manadrain is interrupted

But then enemy possition is telemetered because they are affected by such skills as Charge of Darkness or Static Link Life/ManaDrain is not interrupted.

Basic Member
    It should work like that.
    Charge and static link partially reveal the unit. Does it work the same way in wc3?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post
    The average mmr in the 3.4k is lower than the average mmr in the 3.5k .
    Quote Originally Posted by Legdotus View Post
    in the middle of my game, I go to the menu, and watch a friend's game. That makes no sense to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by twl04046 View Post
    Sometimes the zeus ulti suddenly activated and it really scared me...

Quote Originally Posted by Kidades View Post
    It should work like that.
    Charge and static link partially reveal the unit. Does it work the same way in wc3?
    No. Static Link or Charge does not give true sight. You can't target spells on those enemies. Usually position of invisible enemies is not sent to enemy team but it leads to incorrect display of several skills because you will only know last enemy position. For example:http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=103634 Charge, Spectral Dagger, Static Link will make invisible enemy to be telemetered to you since those skills won't work without it. I tested all other skills like homing missile and they work correctly.

Nice find.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by igo95862 View Post
    No. Static Link or Charge does not give true sight. You can't target spells on those enemies. Usually position of invisible enemies is not sent to enemy team but it leads to incorrect display of several skills because you will only know last enemy position.
    They don't give true sight but they give "partial" vision. Affected units cant be targeted but if they were targeted before, the action will continue weather it was a spell or a normal attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post
    The average mmr in the 3.4k is lower than the average mmr in the 3.5k .
    Quote Originally Posted by Legdotus View Post
    in the middle of my game, I go to the menu, and watch a friend's game. That makes no sense to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by twl04046 View Post
    Sometimes the zeus ulti suddenly activated and it really scared me...

Quote Originally Posted by Kidades View Post
    They don't give true sight but they give "partial" vision. Affected units cant be targeted but if they were targeted before, the action will continue weather it was a spell or a normal attack.
    Could not reproduce what you say. Partial vision is telemetered invisible enemy. There should be no difference between telemetered and not telemetered enemy

Added.

No room in the title for the confirmed tag.
    Please, just call me buny.

This is an absurd bug that has gone on too long as is a case of a bug that players may mistake for intentional too easily. Shameful that you haven't fixed it already. It is also possibly related to the other bug about Slark's Pounce and Puck's Dream Coil.
    I will mercilessly add to my ignore list anyone that makes an incredibly annoying signature.