View Poll Results: Should All Pick be changed to All Draft for Ranked matchmaking?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. I think it should be changed.

28 71.79%
  • No. All Pick is fine the way it is.

11 28.21%
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: All draft

Basic Member

All draft

Probably someone suggested it in the past, so here it is again, the bad about all pick is that everyone is w8ing for the others to counterpick - picking is too chaotic, the bad about random draft is you cant pick hero u want if it is not there, so why dont make best of both worlds? All draft. ty
    you can ban me for telling the truth, but rely i will be back

Basic Member
    will you still receive bonus gold for randoming? will you be able to random?
    but who am i to speak, i never play AP.

i am against a big list of drafting modes, as that can spread the community, thus increase wait time for a match.

Counterpicking is part and parcel of AP tryharding. The good news is that a large number of tryhard counterpickers either counterpick blindly and end up with shitty lane compositions, or suck with the counterpicked hero. It's not that bad, unless you're playing meepo and the opponent team counterpicks lina, lion and the demolishing king.

Isn't this the same as all pick? OP clarify please. What is the difference?
    Spoiler: 
    I guard the rear.

Quote Originally Posted by Assguard View Post
    Isn't this the same as all pick? OP clarify please. What is the difference?
    Picking in a fixed order (like CM) but without a captain, meaning everyone picks his or her hero in a fixed order. LoL does it (including bans) for normal MM afaik.
    If you think I've closed or deleted a post unjustified, feel free to PM me and I'll explain it to you/discuss it with you further.

Basic Member
    yes picking in the fixed order like in random draft but with entire hero pool, in all draft i dont see any problem of randoming a hero if u want to
    you can ban me for telling the truth, but rely i will be back

Basic Member
    +1

IMO, if there were only 1 game mode in all of DotA, it should be this. It just makes the most sense.

This is okay i guess, it would help many of the problems AP has.
    Spoiler: 
    I guard the rear.

+1
    And make sure that if you run out of time and are forced to random, you DONT get random gold.

Replace All Pick by Banning Pick in Ranked

Blue and Pink take turns banning a total of 6 heroes and then players alternate picking from the remaining hero pool.
    Banning Pick is a game mode that was introduced by Heroes of Newerth, and then later adapted by League of Legends as the default game mode for Ranked Games.

All Pick in Ranked as it stands is a complete joke, players wait until the last minute to counterpick and no amount of forcing players to pick before the timer reaches 00:00 will fix that, heroes that are disabled in Captain's Mode can also be picked. There is a reason why League of Legends used Banning Pick rather than Blind Pick (Which is All Pick, except you cannot see the enemy team's picks, arguably better than All Pick as there is no counterpicking game).

Dota 2 is a game with more complex mechanics than League, and it should be reflected in the game modes available for Ranked Games. All Pick should be replaced with a proper mode that doesn't require one random pub player to make picks for everyone, but should also include bans as a way to filter out certain heroes depending on the trending meta (Or simply disable heroes that are not allowed in Captain's Mode, they do not belong in a competitive environment).