Page 50 of 81 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast

Thread: Gifts of the Shadowcat Complaint Thread.

Duplosion, can you please stop writing the same non-sense again and again on every page?
    We have enough brain to realise you are the same person on every page, no need to make more posts and try to increase the number of "set defenders".

And we get the same arguments, that were countered like 40 pages before, but some people don't care - they are always right!
    It's not about wether it's because Immortal tag or money or other crap - you can't deny that this set is god-awful and the only ones (how many so far? like 3-4 people?) that try to defend it, are those kind of kids that see the world as anime and think everything should be anime.
    Please, cititing wikipedia philosophocrap doesn't make you look clever, but the opposite and make your arguments sound even funnier.
    Last edited by <VeCo>; 11-29-2013 at 03:38 AM.
    RIP Dota 2 Artstyle & Lore - Long live shitty cosmetics!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by <VeCo> View Post
    Please, cititing wikipedia philosophocrap doesn't make you look clever, but the opposite and make your arguments sound even funnier.
    and especially that wikipedia can be edited by anyone

Quote Originally Posted by utumo View Post
    the mere fact that a belief is widely held is not necessarily a guarantee that the belief is correct
    And who are you to decide what is correct? Valve decided, the lore we created fits to the original backstory and that the item looks great ingame, the community decided to vote for it as well, it didn't slip in by accident. Now people here and on a few other platforms stand tall saying the majority is against it, how comes it is a best seller? how comes while the ratings got a small dent that it didn't change much overall? Don't tell me it is all because the set is hated oh so much so they buy it to cash in money.
    Yeah this is how it works, buy out a digital item to show how much it sucks. But maybe it is the biased view of a few who like to yell out loud what they dislike?
    People have different tastes, it is how it is, you will not change this, but of course lets just standardize everyones opinion to yours, because it is the only valid one.

but thinking about it

Quote Originally Posted by utumo View Post
    the mere fact that a belief is widely held is not necessarily a guarantee that the belief is correct
    can also be used against your cause, just because a few people yell it out loud, doesn't make them right

You dont even realize how the rating system on the workshop actually functions. People dont browse it and rate every single item. Or are you telling me that less than 1400 ratings express the feelings and the whole community? Not even 1400 my friend, thats less people than we were in closed beta before the first invite wave.
    And the people in this dev forum or on reddit are the community? lets count just the sheer numbers, i guess it's roughly a 50/50 right now and still it is only a tiny fraction of the players, playing this game.
    Last edited by Airborn_Studios; 11-29-2013 at 06:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duplosion View Post
    All of the submission guidelines were followed and passed. The creators, Airborn Studios, contacted Valve and double checked the guidelines, on both the lore front and all the appearances of the item set- all of the styles being accepted, and thus is how the Gifts of the Shadowcat Set was placed on the Dota 2 Store- quickly becoming the #1 top seller on its release day. It is highly and widely accepted- by both the Steam community, and by Valve.
    Pretty sure people are only buying it because they think it's going to be immortal soon. :-)

Yeah, so fitting.
    With these ears you will get shot right away by the other hunters. Genious, right?

Yeah, so fitting.
    With these ears you will get shot right away by the other hunters. Genious, right?
    Yeah because running around in the woods, halfnaked with a skintight leathersuit, stockings and a heartshaped hole right below her breasts, is the most serious and legit approach to display a huntress

you do realize that this is a medieval centric fantasy game, that takes it freedome to go away from realism and also adds tons of funny parts to it's lore. Did you notice that official comic out there? It surely is not as dead serious as some people like to think of this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn_Studios View Post
    Yeah because running around in the woods, halfnaked with a skintight leathersuit, stockings and a heartshaped hole right below her breasts, is the most serious and legit approach to display a huntress

you do realize that this is a medieval centric fantasy game, that takes it freedome to go away from realism and also adds tons of funny parts to it's lore. Did you notice that official comic out there? It surely is not as dead serious as some people like to think of this game.
    Yeah, why not add some gay anime ears then?
    And no, Dota 2 doesn't have the stupid TF2 humour, it's more intelligent here.

And drow isn't half naked, lol. Her clothes seem pretty much armored.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Airborn_Studios View Post

You dont even realize that the main reason why the cosmetic looks so utterly retarded is because theres no way in hell they will stick to her head. Or are you implying Drow used glue? Or maybe they just grew on their own?

The alternative version at least makes sense to some extend. This one simply doesnt.
    Last edited by nysd; 11-29-2013 at 06:55 AM.

Made an account just for this. I don't care about the items in this game or the lore at all and wouldn't give a shit if they slapped a huge dong in the middle of storm spirits head. The only reason I even found this thread is because someone linked it to me saying people were pissed and I was curious what the reason is.

With that being said I hope the item is removed. I still don't care about the quality of the game, or the lore, but I want to see it gone just to piss Duplosion off. After reading that twat post the same shitty malformed argument, over and over, I now not only hope the item is removed but also deleted from peoples accounts with no compensation given.

So here I am, as well as others here which enjoy the set as well, speaking on their behalf.
    What kind of dumbass shithead says something like this about a pretend item in his fucking nerd fantasy game? You're a poster on a video game message board, not Martin Luther King Jr., get over yourself.

And drow isn't half naked, lol. Her clothes seem pretty much armored.
    yeah right

armor.jpg

but i like her as she is this is not a critique on the design, but claiming it all so realistic and serious. It's a game, she is designed to please.

@nysd: oh come on, as if there are no ways to stick stuff to hair without it beeing visible from far away, there are plenty of ways to do it. It's a trophy, it doesn't need to serve logic to 100% - the original design doesn't, plenty of accepted designs in the store do not - what should we focus on doing these items if not what has been accepted and is liked by many many peoply?
    Yes we do try out things with our items and play with ideas, you are free to dislike them, but give people a chance to like them as well...