Thread: Tinker using Heat Seeking Missiles

[Suggestion] Tinker using Heat Seeking Missiles

There's a little logical problem on this one, and some room for additional lines.

Well, even if there are no enemies in range and no rockets were released, he keeps saying lines that imply the missiles' successful launch: "Seek the heat!", "Heads up!" et cetera. This is often very confusing and hardly logical.

What about disabling those if nobody is hit? Or, even better, hooking up his unused lines for failing to kill a hero - various grunts, ah's and oh-dear's? Some may say that it'll make the hero easier, but come on - you added something like that to quite a lot of heroes. Thinking in this fashion, Pugna shouldn't have animations for casting spells - he never had any in the original game.
    Last edited by 1337_n00b; 12-11-2011 at 10:34 AM.

Basic Member
    Maybe they should record something in contrast of both of the lines. "Seek the-- oh dear..."

Well, they wouldn't have to record those at all. Just trigger the "argh" line to play halfway through the original one. Easy. Well, as far as i can imagine.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1337_n00b View Post
    Well, they wouldn't have to record those at all. Just trigger the "argh" line to play halfway through the original one. Easy. Well, as far as i can imagine.
    I was thinking of that originally, but I just thought that the tones aren't fitting into each line. For example, the one line I "created" would sound pretty weird with original recordings.

Okay, i'm going as far as to bump it.

By the way, there's one more change i'd like to see. Honestly, reusing "Ooooh, they never miss" for a kill with Heat Seeking Missiles is just cheap. I often just want to hear his regular, not laser/hsm-relevant enemy death lines.