View Poll Results: Should randoming be removed from All Pick?

Voters
269. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, remove it from Ranked or Unranked

23 8.55%
  • Yes, but only remove it from Ranked

126 46.84%
  • No, It should be in both game modes

99 36.80%
  • Keep randoming, but remove bonus gold from ranked

7 2.60%
  • Keep randoming, but remove bonus gold from both un- and ranked

8 2.97%
  • No preference

6 2.23%
Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Hero in RMM

Random Hero in RMM

So, when I read the article about RMM and all that shiny stuff that valve showed/promised us, I noticed one thing.
    That is, altough, AR is not in the selecteble pool of game modes you can still random in AP.

Imo that is an issue!

Why? The answer is simple: if that system matching together ppl of the (roughly) same elo (or rank.... or candys ) the player propably will choose a hero that is best suited to their gamestyles.
    WHen someone randoming however, it creates suboptimal situation within the team. Example: if someone (lets say, a player who usually play support) randoming a spectre, then I propably wont pick void, even if my win rate is 90% with him.

Again, its my opinion, but I hope that I raised enugh ppl attention to this factor(problem:P).
    Last edited by AzA [HUN]; 12-09-2013 at 11:20 AM.

Don't play AP then.
    RIP Dota 2 Artstyle & Lore - Long live shitty cosmetics!

Quote Originally Posted by <VeCo> View Post
    Don't play AP then.
    In that logic, if you have any problem with dota (even if it can be fixed) you doesnt have to play it:P

AzA, you remembered me of GothicCream of how you write.

Also, random mode is for fun, not for seriousness. No fun allowed in the RMM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix. View Post
    2013: 10 heroes, 3 reworks, 4 events, hats, 1 arcana and TI
    2014: 4 heroes, 2 events, 2 arcanas, hats, 1 rework and TI.
    Lazyness. Not to mention the lack of bugfixes, and the amount of new ones with each new content added

Credits to Phoenix.

Umm, yeah... fun.....

For fun, you can still play the current MM

How about you wait until it's actually implemented to start complaining? Who knows, maybe since it is ranked, people will be less likely to random because they have an actual reason to play serious and win.
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give FORUM RULES
    OKAY, HERE!
    ノ( ◕ _ ◕ノ)

If you have a problem, PM me or another moderator!

I random all the time in pubs, but I will not random at ranked MM, I hope people will have more serious attitude to this games.

Excuse me my english.

Basic Member
    I random. I can play every hero well except meepo mainly cause i dont like him and so never bothered. I random when nobody is picking but I'll repick if I get countered really hard. I don't see the problem. The extra gold isn't as amazing as it used to be, but it's still nice. And AR is far worse than AP. Even though I can play every hero, I won't play that mode because it screws up everyone elses skill level and can make some games unwinnable, and most games are stomps.

Quote Originally Posted by AzA [HUN] View Post
    So, when I read the article about RMM and all that shiny stuff that valve showed/promised us, I noticed one thing.
    That is, altough, AR is not in the selecteble pool of game modes you can still random in AP.

Imo that is an issue!

Why? The answer is simple: if that system matching together ppl of the (roughly) same elo (or rank.... or candys ) the player propably will choose a hero that is best suited to their gamestyles.
    WHen someone randoming however, it creates suboptimal situation within the team. Example: if someone (lets say, a player who usually play support) randoming a spectre, then I propably wont pick void, even if my win rate is 90% with him.

Again, its my opinion, but I hope that I raised enugh ppl attention to this factor(problem:P).
    Hm I think the main reason for that is that Valve supposes randoms in AP can still be compensated by other picks. You can swap or you can pick accordingly so the random isn't that much of a drawback. In your case, if a support player randoms Spectre and you are good with that hero then offer him a swap. I do that all the time when someone randoms a support I like or consider prone to feeding.

AR mode however can create entirely unbalanced matches based on RNG alone. If the enemy team gets PL, KotL, Magnus, WR and Enigma then you can be pretty sure your team consisting of Spectre, Anti-Mage, Meepo, Kunkka and Riki is officially fucked. As I personally don't believe the matchmaking can detect setup losses Valve probably takes the safe route by ignoring AR in RMM completely.

Quote Originally Posted by WhaleRum View Post
    How about you wait until it's actually implemented to start complaining? Who knows, maybe since it is ranked, people will be less likely to random because they have an actual reason to play serious and win.
    Doubtful, people play for their own fun, and there is a variety and an ego factor in randoming, "I can win with anything"(or my team sucks).

I would say same amount of randoming if we would have all the modes, but no ar means ALL PICK won't live up to its title.