Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbie Welcome Gift for Old players

Quote Originally Posted by Skyforger View Post
    What I fear is even tho the massive smurfing is hopefully going to be cut back due to the recent changes in the MM, tons of people still gonna create new accounts just to farm presents (hats?) in those early levels, essentially defusing Valve's efforts to push back the skilled players stomping new ones in entry-level games. So yeah, some extra info about this would be certainly welcomed.
    Well, I suppose it will be untradable items, to fix this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeschte View Post
    Well, I suppose it will be untradable items, to fix this problem.
    Bloody right, totally forgot about this option.

IIRC, the newbie gift from the tutorial (the sniper rifle) was given to older accounts free-of-charge. There's a possibility that older accounts might get these freebies too.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Heh_ View Post
    IIRC, the newbie gift from the tutorial (the sniper rifle) was given to older accounts free-of-charge. There's a possibility that older accounts might get these freebies too.
    I think that was basically the idea behind this thread.

Basic Member
    what happen for players who got hmmm lets say level 157....??

Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    So what? The new players will also get their events.
    Let's be honest: First Diretide and first Greeviling had massive drop rates compared to what we had this year and will ever have in the future. Massive. Not to mention Ethereal Flame couriers dropping every ten hero chests or so and higher-tier items every ten deletions or so. So, yeah, we who were in beta probably got ten times more free and/or great items than anyone else ever will. The ones of us who actually farmed items during those events, probably twenty times.
    Quote Originally Posted by CvP View Post
    Get better at dota.
    A matchmaking system that emulates five-player parties based on teamplay-oriented recommendations---> http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=97602

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rtkufner View Post
    Let's be honest: First Diretide and first Greeviling had massive drop rates compared to what we had this year and will ever have in the future.
    Oh, you can predict the future, tell me more...

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Discord View Post
    Will old players get the stuff?
    Yes and its bound.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyforger View Post
    What I fear is even tho the massive smurfing is hopefully going to be cut back due to the recent changes in the MM, tons of people still gonna create new accounts just to farm presents (hats?) in those early levels, essentially defusing Valve's efforts to push back the skilled players stomping new ones in entry-level games. So yeah, some extra info about this would be certainly welcomed.
    Not particulary neccesary, since most newbie gift might be the same as the sniper starter set with is a tutorial reward. The free items will be simple placebo for new people, a taste of what might come if they put over 100 hours in the game.
    Signature by Smittech

Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    Oh, you can predict the future, tell me more...
    Would you rather I rephrase it literally instead of assuming the userbase has minimal pragmatic competence? If so, just say the word.
    Quote Originally Posted by CvP View Post
    Get better at dota.
    A matchmaking system that emulates five-player parties based on teamplay-oriented recommendations---> http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=97602