Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion] personal recommended items

Basic Member
    A UI function for this would be fantastic.

Basic Member
    I would love to have my own preferred items (for any specific hero) be displayed on the in-game UI. And being able to save, modify and retrieve them every time I play the specific hero would be awesome. Although I believe this feature is already being worked on (or atleast being planned on): Guides and the item-builds they contain can be attached to the game and viewed in-game.

I like making your own suggested item trees, but the auto-skill does seem over the top.

I already changed a few 'suggested items' via the .txt-file, but it's really difficult and anoying since you don't know what's the exact "string" for each iten etc. I would support an UI to make your own 'suggested items'. I don't like the 'auto-skill' idea, though.

Basic Member
    You can find the names of the items in the item file in another directory, it's actually pretty easy. What's annoying is every patch the files are overwritten by the default ones apparently. Also it's still kinda annoying to have to edit every file and stuff. I'd also like for all the same items to be in the same spot(for example courier always in the first slot etc), atm every hero has kinda random items, and a lot of supports also don't have the basic or upgraded courier(like only have one). So yeah, personalizable items suggestions would be cool.

this is a great idea

but in what i saw in hon (used in hon)

some new players just buy the same items in the guide every game even if you need a certain item against certain heroes and that stuff.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ClickeR` View Post
    this is a great idea

some new players just buy the same items in the guide every game even if you need a certain item against certain heroes and that stuff.
    When you don't know what to pick, better pick a recommended item that works well with your hero than something random. Obviously once you understand item counters and stuff, you won't, but you wouldn't be using a guide in the first place if you did.

Basic Member
    Can we have the personal recommended items synced via steam cloud? (I know its not important at the moment, just saying.)

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by archeleus View Post
    Can we have the personal recommended items synced via steam cloud? (I know its not important at the moment, just saying.)
    That'd be great... we wouldn't want to re do all the items each time we connect on a new computer =)

Quote Originally Posted by ClickeR` View Post
    this is a great idea

Unfortunately, this. Recommended items do encourage building the same stuff over and over again :/