View Poll Results: Do you want SoloQueue back???

Voters
1500. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!

1,289 85.93%
  • NO!

211 14.07%
Page 102 of 238 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 152 202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 2374

Thread: Return Solo Queue

Quote Originally Posted by PhanracK View Post
    Just lost a game. Why? Because FUCK YOU NO SOLO QUEUE that's why. I'd like to see win rates of bigger stacks vs smaller stacks. I'm sure they're completely balanced.

hey i think you lost the point here
    Most of us don't want solo q so we can win more
    The point about Dota is to have fun while playing and teaming with 4 stacked strangers will surely destroy the fun
    My English is not great and i know it

However, adding the solo queue won't solve much. Sure it won't be stacks versus random casual players but Valve's mm is so shite and flawed that they will pair you up even with completely new players just to reduce wait time. Which is stupid in itself.

I remember back when they did have solo queue, I'd actually wind up with completely new players who had no idea what the enemy heroes skills were. People trying to run away when ruptured and what not.

They didn't remove solo queue because of the events, they removed it because they failed terribly in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainer View Post
    hey i think you lost the point here
    Most of us don't want solo q so we can win more
    The point about Dota is to have fun while playing and teaming with 4 stacked strangers will surely destroy the fun
    Well, for people who play ranked games, wins do matter and it gets difficult if you're against organized stacks and then the system reduces your SOLO points. But I see your point too. Fair enough.

The amount of hating in this thread is just exaggerated

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoia14 View Post
    He is pointing out the stack. An organized team with Alche and Lina roaming and ganking all lanes and making space for the other 3 heroes.
    It's not even the stack, Bristleback, Mirana and Abaddon could have done the same
    The team composition was simply not there

As far as I know, most stacks come from chat searching, which don't help the MM in the first place unless their MMR is close to yours

EDIT: Also since when do being in a stack instantaneously mean organisation?
    Last edited by IGull; 01-23-2014 at 03:04 AM.

I remember back when they did have solo queue, I'd actually wind up with completely new players who had no idea what the enemy heroes skills were
    I did not have that. However the stack matchmaking which we have right now WILL do that if some people in the enemy's stack have new accounts and have 30 hours or so.

They didn't remove solo queue because of the events, they removed it because they failed terribly in it.
    Now you are talking out of your ass. There is no official statement on why it was removed, it wasn't even in the patch notes. It worked as intended, making everyone solo in both teams.

Quote Originally Posted by IGull View Post
    As far as I know, most stacks come from chat searching, which don't help the MM in the first place unless their MMR is close to yours
    [citation needed]

Quote Originally Posted by IGull View Post
    EDIT: Also since when do being in a stack instantaneously mean organisation?
    It's highly fucking likely.
    Last edited by PhanracK; 01-23-2014 at 03:12 AM.

Of course if you have perfect synchronization with everyone you ever stacked with, good for you.
    But do you really think that because you're grouped with someone you'll magically learn to play in team?

I hear that using the in-game chat and mic is easy

Oh, yes my friend. It is easy. Will those people you don't know listen to you? Not really, usually not. They will probably mute you if you're talkative enough. Will friends you've known for a while listen to you? Well I don't know man. You help me figure that out, you're the expert around here.

Quote Originally Posted by PhanracK View Post
    Oh, yes my friend. It is easy. Will those people you don't know listen to you? Not really, usually not. They will probably mute you if you're talkative enough. Will friends you've known for a while listen to you? Well I don't know man. You help me figure that out, you're the expert around here.
    Good to know you got friends
    Now that you got a group of friends to play with (it's seems to be what there is in every stacks)
    Let's say you are 4(+1) against a stack of 3(+2)
    How is being 4 going to give you that much an advantage? (Considering you play with people of your level)

Having an extra person in your team that is on voice chat and constantly communicates helps a bunch. They also now can have a combination of 4 strong heroes rather than 3. Regardless, that's not a very big advantage, but that's completely past the point. The way the game is played with stacks while having solo players in the team is very, very different.

If you're solo paired with stacks there will be next to no communication from the stack to you during the game, you should also expect less ganks to your lane from the stack itself. Pointing out mistakes or making remarks now is irrelevant since group mentality is in effect as they defend each other. If the shit-flinging starts - it will be you who is wrong, and they who is right - because there is more of them. I don't have any statistics to back up stack vs stack winrates, so I won't go into that.

I read all the last pages and i stii can`t figure out what you 2 are arguing about but whatever it is; it needs to end
    My English is not great and i know it