View Poll Results: Do you want SoloQueue back???

Voters
1500. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!

1,289 85.93%
  • NO!

211 14.07%
Page 111 of 238 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 161 211 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 2374

Thread: Return Solo Queue

Basic Member
    I believe the answer to this thread subject can be found in the place that this thread was recently moved, "Misc - Discuss any issues or give suggestions not covered elsewhere on the forum".

-----
    Dota Hotkeys
    Last edited by hector; 06-05-2014 at 01:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by anytime View Post
    I absolutely despise this sentence. When someone drops it it's like "boys will be boys let them pass" kind of sentence. And what does solo que has to do with making money? I know that they are a company. I know that they want to make money. But if they want to make money by ruining a game then they can kindly fuck off from dota.

Still no reason why they did it and they are STILL ignoring everyone in this thread and in the entire community and I am mad as fuck that they hoarded so much good will for the past few years that people are actually blind ... no not blind ... strait up chose to ignore the major fuckups they do.
    I think it's not so much about being blind but really loving the game (would you rather play LoL? Me neither). I'm willing to look past some mistakes because I really like the game, I can't really say that any online game I played has been flawless and pleased everyone - that will never happen.

On topic though, I think solo queue should be brought back. I play solo quite a bit and the quality of my games seems completely random - some games with people who are not interested in winning/communicating, then some games that are really good. There's not even any pattern for it, it just randomly happens. It was better before the MMR change where you could actually see the quality of your games improving when you did well.

Banned
    I am willing to look past mistakes if those mistakes are handled in a civilized manner and if those mistakes don't ruin my games. So far the mute system the lack of solo que and their matchmaking are doing everything BUT not ruining my games.

This is not "not perfect" this is a strait up disaster. And EVERYONE knows it. It's just that the major part of dota community (the ones that actually have fans following) don't want to piss off Valve so they are saying nothing.

Basic Member
    Back in misc

Basic Member
    Valve return it pls,i lost 28 games and won 6 since you removed solo queue

Quote Originally Posted by clan_iraq View Post
    Back in misc
    We sort of have to ping pong it. When the amount of solo queue posts in the community section increases we can move it there, as merging cross sub-forum is annoying. In theory it belongs to MISC but many new accounts ignore everything past the first section, meaning people who create accounts for a single topic will post in community.
    If you think I've closed or deleted a post unjustified, feel free to PM me and I'll explain it to you/discuss it with you further.

Quote Originally Posted by clan_iraq View Post
    And they couldn't afford to 'fragment the matchmaking pool' by having a solo queue

But then they added *two* purely cosmetic maps, serverside, that fragmented the map pool with no gameplay changes LOL
    Thank you for reminding us that solo queue was replaced with a ridiculous fun map.

Come on valve, I have spent an insane amount of your hats and cosmetic items and I like to feel like it matters that I actually want to play the game but now when I have no friends online I'm not so keen.

Solo queue was good.

Don't be THAT company.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryil- View Post
    We sort of have to ping pong it. When the amount of solo queue posts in the community section increases we can move it there, as merging cross sub-forum is annoying. In theory it belongs to MISC but many new accounts ignore everything past the first section, meaning people who create accounts for a single topic will post in community.
    As long as its in the forum the valve devs read and respond!

....my sides

Basic Member
    I really do not care that much about solo queue because on my skill level most parties are random people stacks who met each other on dota , added for fun and a lot of them do not even have mics. Its just the same as playing with solo people and doesn't affect game much.

In my opinon solo queue was working fine for Valve at first because most players never bothered to check matchmaking settings and only few people were actually using it. But it became more and more popular and pool was getting more and more broken. Most parties are just two people and more and more solo people went solo queue and was getting harder for matchmaking to do it's job. They simply traded solo queue for MMR because matchmaking system couldn't handle both - either some regions would have insane queue times or even impossible to find people for a match. And they will never bring back (just my guess).

Basic Member
    Except that didn't happen. Queue times never got ridiculous thanks to solo queue before, they were quite fine. If anything, queue times are far longer now. And with the diretide and new bloom maps, queue times have been raised arbitrarily for something that could have been clientside in the first place.