View Poll Results: Do you want SoloQueue back???

Voters
1500. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!

1,289 85.93%
  • NO!

211 14.07%
Page 201 of 238 FirstFirst ... 101 151 191 199 200 201 202 203 211 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 2374

Thread: Return Solo Queue

Basic Member
    200 pages of people wanting solo queue back. All they do is change the UI and loadout screens...

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughing_Man View Post
    No solo queue in ranked either. Very last match I played:

Attachment 24975
    Ouch that looks like the enemy must have been raging like hell with that useless Void. Also I fucking love how with these 2 people stacks rather than at least use that to their advantage in a lane they just split up and make the partying up even more pointless. I can already imagine that invoker must have been cursing on his team the entire when the asshole knew exactly that his buddy void was the lowest rated player on his team and probably the reason they lost. Also this assessment comes from personal experience since I've met enough mid spamming douchebags that would start flaming me for failing my lane even when my partner would be the one feeding and being the retarded mute that can't communicate for shit.

They can let us worry about the queue time. They need to bring this thing back. I can wait a couple extra minutes for this. I played in some bad games just because the other team had 4 or 5 people in a party.

we want it . plz get it back

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughing_Man View Post
    Someone at Valve needs to realise that averaging out a groups MMR is useless at judging their performance, or evaluating the likelihood of them winning or losing ever against a similarly imbalanced stack.
    How would you do it, then? In which skill bracket would you put two guys with a disrepancy that big? Because I'm pretty sure there's a limit as to how far your MMR can be relative to the guy you're queing with, but it's definitely more than 1000. Yes, I've also had games that were ruined by bad players, not even necessarily the lowest MMR. But instead of saying what is NOT the way to go, try saying what IS the way to do it. Because everyone here says Valve is wrong, but I don't see how to fix this problem.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by posnisir View Post
    How would you do it, then? In which skill bracket would you put two guys with a disrepancy that big? Because I'm pretty sure there's a limit as to how far your MMR can be relative to the guy you're queing with, but it's definitely more than 1000. Yes, I've also had games that were ruined by bad players, not even necessarily the lowest MMR. But instead of saying what is NOT the way to go, try saying what IS the way to do it. Because everyone here says Valve is wrong, but I don't see how to fix this problem.
    Maybe by not allowing a stack with a too big difference in rating to form? Because if you think about it as long as they play together and have a huge difference in skill lvl then there is no way to make it balanced. You can't put them at the lowest guy rating cuz the other guy/s will just stomp the enemy team, if you put them at the highest rating in the stack then the newby/s will just drag the team down and the last method which we have now the average of the rating combined can still lead to both scenarios that I stated just not quite to that extreme I guess. Personally I would prefer the stack having to play at the highest rating they have so as to discourage this type of behaviour.

got rekt by a 5stack and 4 stack on my team got me muted. GG volvo
    BRING BACK SOLO QUEUE.

Balanced #10

AA first picked, raped them though.

Basic Member
    Whatever changes they made to the matchmaking has worsened things for solo queue. Queue times go up because of language preferences so seems like it's balanced out by stuffing a ton more stacks into games and generally worsening things for +1s. Great we can now perhaps communicate better with people who won't communicate anyway because they're in Skype with their friend.

Small stacks make terrible games of dota. Why aren't we allowed to opt out of that? Why is it not blindingly obvious at Valve HQ that people voluntarily queueing solo, and (before) choosing to play all-solo games, are more inclined into the spirit of teamwork? Why is that not being encouraged any more?
    Last edited by cinephile; 06-21-2014 at 07:04 AM.
    "It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead."
    Io, the Guardian Wisp

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarxan View Post
    Maybe by not allowing a stack with a too big difference in rating to form? Because if you think about it as long as they play together and have a huge difference in skill lvl then there is no way to make it balanced. You can't put them at the lowest guy rating cuz the other guy/s will just stomp the enemy team, if you put them at the highest rating in the stack then the newby/s will just drag the team down and the last method which we have now the average of the rating combined can still lead to both scenarios that I stated just not quite to that extreme I guess. Personally I would prefer the stack having to play at the highest rating they have so as to discourage this type of behaviour.
    Stacks with too big of a difference are NOT allowed. It's just that their concept of "big" is different than yours. I think 2.5 k is the highest difference you can play with at this moment (someone tested it when it was implemented).
    As for your last sentence - I don't really understand what does that mean, and how would you implement it.
    Oh and I'm pretty sure that their algorithm doesn't just "average" your team's MMR. There are definitely other things, for example your lowest can't be far from their lowest, etc.
    Try going further than just "Valve bad at what they do". I'm sure that there is not a single person on this thread that would create a better algorithm than Valve did.