View Poll Results: Do you want SoloQueue back???

Voters
1500. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!

1,289 85.93%
  • NO!

211 14.07%
Page 99 of 238 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 149 199 ... LastLast

Thread: Return Solo Queue

If you gonna do that do it properly.

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Solo Queue

The meme already implies give.

I find myself playing Dota less and less now..... it's simply no fun anymore..

Also, there is no point of buying hats for any other non-meta heroes now since you will never ever able to use them

I guess Valve faced a game design dilemma, you cannot have a 2~4 party que ranked games unless you allow solo que players to be in the que. If this is the case, why not just strictly enforce solo only ranked que and 5-stack ranked que only? If you think long and hard about it, what good is 2~4 man party rank rating anyways? Party/Group rating should rate a team of 5, Dota team game is about 5 man team work, not 2, not 3, not 4 people. The ranked game should only evaluate the player's ability to either communicate and win with all solo que players in game OR the team's ability to compete with other pre-made team. Anywhere in between is non-sense.

With this in mind, if Valve enforce solo only ranked and 5v5 ranked, they can even add regional player standing based on the MMR to make the rating more relevant.

Best solution as of now is to do the following:

Normal Game mode:
    - allow no party when solo que
    - allow 2~5 stack
    - allow party when solo que

ranked mode
    - solo only mode
    - 5 stack mode

ideally ranked mode and normal mode should not share the same queing pool. But if que time is going to be prolonged excessively, then only the solo que and 5 stack should be allowed in the same queing pool.
    Last edited by ReachOutToTheSky; 01-20-2014 at 06:51 PM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ReachOutToTheSky View Post
    I find myself playing Dota less and less now..... it's simply no fun anymore..

Also, there is no point of buying hats for any other non-meta heroes now since you will never ever able to use them

I guess Valve faced a game design dilemma, you cannot have a 2~4 party que ranked games unless you allow solo que players to be in the que. If this is the case, why not just strictly enforce solo only ranked que and 5-stack ranked que only? If you think long and hard about it, what good is 2~4 man party rank rating anyways? Party/Group rating should rate a team of 5, Dota team game is about 5 man team work, not 2, not 3, not 4 people. The ranked game should only evaluate the player's ability to either communicate and win with all solo que players in game OR the team's ability to compete with other pre-made team. Anywhere in between is non-sense.

With this in mind, if Valve enforce solo only ranked and 5v5 ranked, they can even add regional player standing based on the MMR to make the rating more relevant.

Best solution as of now is to do the following:

Normal Game mode:
    - allow no party when solo que
    - allow 2~5 stack
    - allow party when solo que

ranked mode
    - solo only mode
    - 5 stack mode

ideally ranked mode and normal mode should not share the same queing pool. But if que time is going to be prolonged excessively, then only the solo que and 5 stack should be allowed in the same queing pool.
    I have many dota friends, but I only trust and want to play with 2 of them. No way for us to play together?

And when I solo queue, I love to face parties.

So bring solo queue or not, it wont affect me. I wont tick that option anyway.

Basic Member
    I'm done. I've finally given up playing because of this issue. I've LITERALLY faced 10 matches a row of 4-5 man groups as a solo queue and the games are almost always decided within 10 minutues because of the massively unbalanced nature of groups.

See ya DOTA 2, it was fun while it lasted (until the end, then it sucked)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgman View Post
    I'm done. I've finally given up playing because of this issue. I've LITERALLY faced 10 matches a row of 4-5 man groups as a solo queue and the games are almost always decided within 10 minutues because of the massively unbalanced nature of groups.

See ya DOTA 2, it was fun while it lasted (until the end, then it sucked)
    Oh I've had 2+1+1+1 against a 4+1 and we got pubstomped because of how organized they were with their practiced picks. Like I said, Valve never fail to fail!! Looks like it's time to go smurf mode.

Basic Member
    Right now the matchmaking system of Dota 2 is a joke. A normal system will put in a game with players similar to your skill, but the joke called Dota 2 MMR instead allows stacking of random players with random MMR and then puts you in the game to compensate for the stacked MMR. Genius !!!

Basic Member
    You should do what I do and give up on this game. Valve doesn't care about anything but selling hats. I told everyone ranked MMR was going to be a joke because Valve wasn't going to balance for things like parties or language barriers and I was right.

inserted in signature!
    <-- My work is done, if this gets implemented
    Also: つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Soloqueue!
    Need some incentive to start a match of dota?
    http://getdotastats.com/sig/87346642.png
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLite View Post
    Valve has abandoned the game! The game is now safe to leave.
    No statistics will be recorded.

Is there any way to know, before the end of the game, that you've been put together with a party??

I'm seriously considering to start ignoring everyone in team and play carrier all the time, cause trying to cover holes in a party sucks awesomely!
    Last edited by Himself; 01-21-2014 at 06:28 PM.

Basic Member
    There is a way and it works for me very good

If you see two players on your team in one lane, one of which is support and he's a noob then those 2 are stacked. Also if you see a big, and i mean big noob in your team then that noob was stacked by 2 other players in your team. If you have high MMR that's the only way that noobs can play with you, and unfortunately it happens a lot, noobs in party usually play support and they suck at it. The old "for support it's ok to feed and do nothing as long as you buy wards".

But if there's a team and the team is a good one, it happens less but I played with 3 players stacked that had great skills all of them, then you're put there as the weaker player, to compensate for the high skill of the party. So it's a little difficult to know.

Anyway, Dota 2 MMR is a matter of luck because the teams are made random, allowing random stacking.