Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Import MID ONLY mode to find match

Basic Member

Lightbulb Import MID ONLY mode to find match

Understandably DoTA 2 is a team game but having a 1v1 matchmaking would not spoil the scene in either way. I believe there are people who felt the same way as i do. DoTA 2 has done a great job with adding a lot of festive features and updates but mid only can only be play in lobby. For those who want to play 1v1 have to ask and add people for that. Hope you will import mid only to next update.

Basic Member
    I support this. More options the better, as long as they have seperate matchmaking ratings.

Basic Member
    Good concept +1. Although they'd have to create a new map for this to work since the default one is far too large for a 1v1. Maybe just cut off the top and bottom lanes. The only thing that concerns me is that you'd be adding another MM pool which would mean less player i.e. more wait time.

Basic Member
    Do you know what mid only means ? It means no creeps on other lanes and I'm not sure if you also have a setting for no neutral creeps...

+1 can't see why not . Add reversed captains mode too pls.

This probably wont happen (well, Valve can prove me wrong :P). Not only is mid only a niche-mode, but also are many many many spells and heroes bugged if the are on the map more then once.
    Mid only with different heroes could get implemented, but that's even more a niche mode :x
    If you think I've closed or deleted a post unjustified, feel free to PM me and I'll explain it to you/discuss it with you further.

Basic Member
    So you'd be giving the shitters that ask anybody that tells them they're wrong, or bad, even more of a reason to ask others for a 1v1? Now that's what I call feeding the cancer

Quote Originally Posted by Kryil- View Post
    This probably wont happen (well, Valve can prove me wrong :P). Not only is mid only a niche-mode, but also are many many many spells and heroes bugged if the are on the map more then once.
    Mid only with different heroes could get implemented, but that's even more a niche mode :x
    why not just start with a limited hero pool for it (like say the common once: SF, OD, etc) and add more heros later?
    If you find spelling errors, you are free to take them.

Banned
    please add tower defense to matchmaking !

Jut kidding
    Honestly matchmaking is for dota2 game.
    What we should have in dota2 from long time a go is a map editor (like there is in ALL others source games), so we can play funny scenarios in private/public lobbies without matchmaking.
    Like during the golden age of warcraft3

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cocolapin View Post
    please add tower defense to matchmaking !

Jut kidding
    Honestly matchmaking is for dota2 game.
    What we should have in dota2 from long time a go is a map editor (like there is in ALL others source games), so we can play funny scenarios in private/public lobbies without matchmaking.
    Like during the golden age of warcraft3
    This sums it up pretty well.
    It feels like people who would want a mid only in matchmaking are only looking for a slightly more casual experience. In wc3 that was easy to get, you just had to play something else for a bit, but in dota 2 they want to substitute custom map with "unserious" gamemodes instead. In my opinion it feels like a half assed attempt to create a fun gamemode.
    They should just have custom maps and then you could play maps like warlock, tower defences, vampirism etc in lobbies instead.

+1