Page 38 of 88 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast

Thread: General Ranked Matchmaking Feedback Thread[READ OP]

bump. after winstreaks always followed by losestreaks. dropped from 4.4k to 4k

Why are lose streaks very common? Something is wrong with MM.

It's impossible to gain when after months work to get wins MM gives you a wall of guaranteed losses.

Top Reasons for losing:

1. Getting paired with non-English players who can't cooperate.
    2. Bad captains who steal role but can't counter pick or team build or consider players' hero preferences.
    3. Getting paired with other friends of varying skill who only play within their group and blame anyone else.
    4. Team not listening to leader, not being proactive, and making bad decisions.
    5. Individual performance.

Please figure out a way to calculate individual performance within a match so that people who consistently perform better (despite losing) get paired together.
    Last edited by Spectre; 03-31-2014 at 12:23 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    1. Getting paired with non-English players who can't cooperate.
    The DOTA developer team needs to find a solution to this HUGE issue. HoN and LoL are both superior to DOTA in this regard. If the Counter Strike: Global Offensive developer team can give me a team of English speaking players 95% of the time, then so can the DOTA developers. I saw a moderator say "if region lock comes to dota, then professional teams can't play together" and then he/she locked the thread. First of all, that's a flawed argument, with an introduction of region locking, we can still give teams the choice to scrim against international teams. And region locking is just one possible solution to the language barrier problem. How about we, as players, get the choice to only have regional players on our team. Imagine we can just click a "I want players from my country on my team" option at the Find Match screen. It's as simple as that, Peruvians/Russians will still get to play on American servers if they so wish, they just won't burden players anymore. Because we will have the option to accept them into our teams, or deny them.
    Last edited by hellodello; 03-31-2014 at 08:28 AM.

Basic Member
    I want to add my voice to the posts regarding abandons and MMR.
    Seriously if a player abandons. Losers shouldnt lose MMR. Its demoralising. I have had 2 games where someone is losing or has a bad connection and they abandon after 5-10 mins. Why should the losers be punished. SHould be scrapped. Winners should get like 1/4 MMR as well so as not to be the cause of MMR fixing.

I also think that the punishment for abandons should be tweaked in order to stop rage quits.

Basic Member
    I like that there is way to play with better people than you are and get more interesting games.

Dislikes

In my opinion the system is not working at its best.
    The idea of RANKED is good, but there is one huge thing i would like to point out.
    Player is getting rank for his performence, but NOT in the same level of skill. Thats the thing.
    Player who is new (Lets say ~150 wins) He played all ranked games really good and at his highest skill potential.
    But then there is guy(Lets say~2000 wins) who has played this game for long time and got about the same rating.
    When i was playing at 150 wins level, the hero picking, gameplay, ideas way differ from games where people have 2000 games.
    150 wins games have 5 carry teams ir riki and other pubstompers. Thats what they are used to play againt.
    But then guy with 2000 knows how to counter any hero and pick that counter that also helps team and stands in proper role.
    So my suggesting would be to rank people in games where win count/games played/MMR is equal.
    So that guy with 2000 wins would get team mates of 1950 or 2050 win being at the same mmr.
    Also languages should be priority in this kind of games where its PLAY to WIN to get BETTER.

Basic Member
    I have felt this problem since the start of matchmaking.
    Basically - you get a handful of good games. And you probably win most of them.

All of a sudden. You get this one game. Everyone seems lower rating, less skill, a lot worse attitude during pick phase and a whole negative aura around the team.
    You get a handful of these games. Probably lose all of them.

It is very interesting how suddenly you get a totally different game. Where you have almost no chance of winning. And on the other hand having games where everyone on your team are playing very well.

The matchmaking system in Heroes of Newerth and CS:GO is so much better. I could climb up to almost 1900mmr in HoN. But in DotA2. Even if I beat a 5k player at mid. Im still at 4k. Frustrating.

Basic Member
    System is broken. Matchmaking system is broken. Matching up 2+ 3 vs 5 stacks in RANKED (with the 5 stack having highest mmr player and overall higher mmr).

MMR value determination is broken. Game after game idiots after idiots with 4k mmr appears while my friends who are markedly better than these pub scrubs are at 3.6k.

Volvo please go back to making cars you do no know how to make a game (hint: HoN)

hello, your programmers are so pro that they can code an algorithm to put you with throwers and noobs..

must be 4.00 cum laude graduate from bill gates university

Friends stack in solo queue should be treated with an additional +100 mmr per stack.

Example.

3-stack: (3000 mmr + 2900mmr + 2600 mmr (+100) (+100)) + 3000 solo + 3000 solo

vs

5-solo: 3000 solo + 3000 solo + 2700 solo + 3000 solo + 3000 solo

Artour B ‏@Arteezy 10h
    matchmaking is so fucking bad i cant take this shit how am i supposed to do anything

Even the pros are saying it.