Page 86 of 88 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 LastLast

Thread: General Ranked Matchmaking Feedback Thread[READ OP]

Ranked MMR distinguished from Normal matchmaking, where I can play with other people when trying new heroes and not care much about the outcome.

DISLIKE
    I've clocked in more than 4k hours in Dota 2 and I am still a noob. I admit it.
    The problem with the current MMR system, and the matchmaking it comes with, is that I don't feel it makes me a better player at all.
    I still get paired with people who haven't played the game nearly as much as I have.
    I get paired with people who haven't played in years and are only recently coming back.
    I get paired with people in English-speaking EU West servers who don't speak any English at all.
    Then I lose MMR because people ragequit and I am fighting 4v5 and the system does not allow me to leave safely. Yes I know I get bonus gold. It's still bullshit and you know it.
    Or I lose MMR just because I lose. I believe there is a need for a better matchmaking that does not reward/punish simply based on win or loss, but on actual play style.
    Some people on the losing team play incredibly well but are punished with a -25 or more because their teammates were terrible and their hard work to climb MMR is pushed back.
    Or others on the winning team that are equally terrible but get free MMR points because the team carried them.

Moreover: it's admirable that Valve has the community at heart and made it so that new people are matched only with people with lots of commends so that they don't get a toxic experience.
    The downside of this is that now the nice guys are stuck with the noobs while the toxic players are free from their burden.
    I'm not so sure how I feel about my 600+ commends right now...

The game has a system that if you play poorly or is toxic, is punished in low priority matches.

But what if you play 28 straight matches ranked and lose all and do not fall into the low?

That means that it's not your fault, the system that's making you lose miserably.

This proves that the system has many flaws.

https://www.dotabuff.com/players/116421792/matches

Basic Member
    DISLIKE:

The fact that sometimes the teams come up together unbalanced by position/role the players are willing to play.
    Frequent consequences are:
    - two guys fighting for the same position
    - nobody wants to play an specific role (support)
    - someone doesn't feel comfortable playing the role that was "left behind"

SOLUTION:
    when setting the game modes you are willing to play, you also get to set the positions you are up to playing.
    you can choose 1 or more of them (same way as game modes)
    and the matchmaking will find you a team with 1 player for each position that's going to be visible to the team as the lobby is created

that way everyone knows their expected role in the team.

players can still communicate and change their plans and pick whatever they want, just like it is right now.

But the pre-game planning will be more balanced, likely avoiding some pre-draft discussion that can easily ruin the entire game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comme...ing_algorithm/

Many dota players are starting to quit dota due to the toxic nature of the community. They are many causes to this.

(Dislike)
    One of the causes is having multiple players who want and only can play a certain position, eg. 2 players who only want to solo middle. This causes arguments and the game already starts off on a bad note.

solution: http://imgur.com/a/x8ai8

20170902003242_1.jpg

include role preferences as selection criteria before finding a match. Role means core/support hero. Role preferences is defined as the role a player is strong at playing/would like to play. This helps the matching algorithm in creating a balanced team where any role in a lineup can be played by a certain team mate. This way, we can get lesser situations whereby more than 1 player in a team want to "carry"/ "solo mid". This reduces conflict between players pregame as a team's preferred lane/role are diversified. Multiple roles can be selected. For example, those who only wish to play mid can select "2" under role preferences, or those who don't mind playing any role can select all roles.

20170902012041_1.jpg

Players will still be able to choose any hero they want, or play whatever role they want, regardless of role preference. Role preference just serves as a way for the matching algorithm to build a team with a more diversified role preference. It also serves as information to teammates, so each player knows which role each teammate is strong in and can adjust accordingly.

This can increase queue times, however games usually last much longer than queues. Having queue times slightly longer to improve game quality is definitely much more worth it compared to having short queue times and 30 minutes of arguments in game.

At lower mmrs, players might not know what roles mean. In this case, having role preferences can educate these players and raise awareness of the existence of such a concept, which is a prevalent winning strategy in dota.

No player enjoys wasting time in a game arguing about "who should have went middle lane" or "who should have carried". With role preferences, players get to know their team mates strengths/preferences in the picking phase, and can play around each other's strengths and weaknesses accordingly, leading to more cooperation in a team and lesser arguments.

- I dislike unpausing aspect of Ranked matchmaking.
    one being able to unpause multiple times but having limited pauses defies logic.
    it is so prone to abuse, and totally ruins the game experience.
    valve please fix this....

just lost an otherwise close match due to opp team unpausing and not waiting for our dc'ed players.
    match ID: 3431706992

Dislike :
    the Randoming future is killing ranked matchmaking ,an ally randoms into a hero he doesnt know how to play and he re randoms and same happens, there you go mmr gone before the game even starts
    . even if your ally gets a good hero it's still very unfair to teammates playing with 200 less gold ( unless they random too which is gonna be disaster ). even if he gets a good hero and the team is fine with
    their greedy teammate, it still kills the drafting aspect of the game entirely... many of my games get ruined by randomers everyday
    Solution ? Remove randoming in ranked games

Basic Member
    DISLIKE: The MMR system is good but still has many problems, mmr black market, toxic players, rages.

SOLUTION: Restart all MMR accounts by seasons. 2 Seasons in 1 year and and set as 20 games to calibrate.

REASONS:
    1)Lots of players stop playing for months or years and come again... and NO! You dont deserve your old mmr because you dont play the same.
    2)In addition, there is an appeal to the number (MMR) and not to play balanced matches, just the culture of win any cost. This culture creates a snowball of rage and stress in the players.
    3)There is a parallel market for the sale of accounts, which impacts the quality of the games.
    4)Resetting mmr is more than necessary to balance matches according to the player's level in that time period.

Quote Originally Posted by ElementerZen View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comme...ing_algorithm/

Many dota players are starting to quit dota due to the toxic nature of the community. They are many causes to this.

(Dislike)
    One of the causes is having multiple players who want and only can play a certain position, eg. 2 players who only want to solo middle. This causes arguments and the game already starts off on a bad note.

solution: http://imgur.com/a/x8ai8

20170902003242_1.jpg

include role preferences as selection criteria before finding a match. Role means core/support hero. Role preferences is defined as the role a player is strong at playing/would like to play. This helps the matching algorithm in creating a balanced team where any role in a lineup can be played by a certain team mate. This way, we can get lesser situations whereby more than 1 player in a team want to "carry"/ "solo mid". This reduces conflict between players pregame as a team's preferred lane/role are diversified. Multiple roles can be selected. For example, those who only wish to play mid can select "2" under role preferences, or those who don't mind playing any role can select all roles.

20170902012041_1.jpg

Players will still be able to choose any hero they want, or play whatever role they want, regardless of role preference. Role preference just serves as a way for the matching algorithm to build a team with a more diversified role preference. It also serves as information to teammates, so each player knows which role each teammate is strong in and can adjust accordingly.

This can increase queue times, however games usually last much longer than queues. Having queue times slightly longer to improve game quality is definitely much more worth it compared to having short queue times and 30 minutes of arguments in game.

At lower mmrs, players might not know what roles mean. In this case, having role preferences can educate these players and raise awareness of the existence of such a concept, which is a prevalent winning strategy in dota.

No player enjoys wasting time in a game arguing about "who should have went middle lane" or "who should have carried". With role preferences, players get to know their team mates strengths/preferences in the picking phase, and can play around each other's strengths and weaknesses accordingly, leading to more cooperation in a team and lesser arguments.
    In dota every hero can go on any position. Today i pick phantom lancer for carry, tommorrow for roam etc. Just change build and tallent tree etc...

Basic Member
    - Can ban some heroes <Change so that the heroes which are chosen to be banned are 100% banned, remove the chance of ban not going through>
    - Decent Queue times

DISLIKES
    - Minimal progression and incentives for ranked matchmaking.
    Besides MMR, there isn't much encouragement to play in ranked matchmaking.
    This could be fixed by performing a complete overhaul on the current matchmaking system. Divide MMR ranges into divisions or skills groups similar to Overwatch, League of Legends and Rocketleague and make it so placement matches are required to move to the next ranked division. Create seasons for ranked which last an entire year; there is a major patch following the international which could signify the end of a season and start of a new season. Reward players for participating in ranked and reaching a skill group which is slightly above average players (A cool set for a specific hero that was popular throughout the year, ranked borders which signify which division of ranked you ended the last season in, emotes, a cool courier, etc).

- No new Calibration periods unless you have an international battle pass
    create a calibration period for players at the end of each international with the "Big Patch" - (7.00, Dueling Fates) where players are not required to have a battlepass. Also, calibration must be a REQUIREMENT so that players who don't deserve to be at their ranked position are placed back into the correct spot.

Basic Member

Lightbulb New MMR System

LIKE:
    * N/A

DISILIKE:
    * After-game MMR is same for all team players
    * It is extremely hard to increase your MMR, because player effort is not considered during MMR calculation at all

SUGGESTION - New MMR System:

GOALS:
    * Fair distribution of MMR across team players (getting same MMR for bad play in the winner team not fair and vice-versa)
    * System, that will bring opportunity to all players, to be in charge for their own MMR progresses (current system seems to be locked for most players in terms of increasing their MMR-s)

what needs to be done, in order to achieve those goals:
    * calculate MMR-s for each player individually, with consideration of their in-game effort
    * under term "in-game effort" should be considered statistical world averages of most criteria (ex: KDA, Total DMG, pushing, supporting fighting, GPM, XPM and etc...)

So, I think MMR calculations should be done by principle of reduction.
    Every game must impose MMR CAP-s for win and lose for both teams.
    MMR should be calculated for each player individually, with consideration of their in-game effort, hence player in the loser team, who played very well and showed good results in comparison of world averages in the same MMR and with the same Hero, will take less penalty as of -MMR, rather than taking full -MMR as other in the same team, and vice-versa in case of winning.

ex:
    Team_A (average MMR - 3800):
    win_cap = function() {some function that calculates win_cap} // lets it be: 35.5
    lose_cap = -Team_B.win_cap // -22.5
    Team_B (average MMR - 4100):
    win_cap = function() {some function that calculates win_cap} // lets it be: 22.5
    lose_cap = -Team_A.win_cap // -35.5

Lets imagine Team_A loses, but one player in the Team_A, who played with Crystal Maden, did a great job in all aspects of game, had a better results in KDA, GPM, XPM and etc... than world averages with CM for same MMR, but hes team lose and as a result he got same -MMR as other in them team.

with this new MMR system, algorithm should calculate whole impact and performance of that player and as a result, lets say, he performed 40% better then world average CM player in same MMR.

For that reason, with new system, MMR for that player will be:

calculated_MMR = Team_A.lose_cap * (100% - 40%) = -22.5 * 0.6 = -13.5 MMR

but for another player in the team who performed, lets say, worse than standard by 10%, will get whole lose_cap without adjustments.

So, in short, player MMR-s will be calculated individually, with consideration of their in-game effort derivations from the world's statistical averages of same Hero in same MMR.

Advantages of new MMR system over old one:
    * completely self-controlled, dynamic (without any statically defined components) system
    * motivates players towards their best play, and mitigates general abuse level in community
    * player dedication is granted with a real chance to increase their MMR

This will be unique, universal, ideal and best MMR system ever.

PLEASE DO NOT DELETE MY POST, SINCE IT IS NOT FORMATTED AS REQUIRED IN THE FIRST POST, BUT OTHERWISE I COULD NOT WRITE IT.

thanks and sorry for my English