Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] Power Cogs can push you into impassable terrain

[Confirmed] Power Cogs can push you into impassable terrain

I played a game the other day and in a team fight Clockwerk (on the other team) used Power Cogs and our Doom was pushed ontop of a cliff - the one over looking the rune on the righthand side of the river.

Basic Member
    just like in dota1

Really? I don't remember that, I guess it's intentional then

Basic Member
    it wasnt the only skill that could throw u in a place where u could either die or type -unstuck .)

Basic Member
    No skill should push you into terrain like that. That's poord design and this should be fixxed. This is the reason we don't have VS and Pudge given Blink Daggers, so they don't cause you to get stuck. No skill should get someone else stuck by choice.

just curious, is there -unstuck in this game yet?

Basic Member
    Should be fixed.

Basic Member
    You could get stuck on impassable terrain full deliberate in dota1 why not in dota2 ? for example SK (sand king ) burrows on some sort of hill or lowregion where u cant normally go and ur teammate tiny tosses an enemy on you , SK afterwards just burrows out again . Same for any hero that blinks to an impassable terrain , venge swaps with him and waits till an enemy hero walks by and swaps him in there ( since it has 12 sec cooldown with agha it aint so surreal ). And since there is also forcestaff , spectres dagger and other things that dont care about terrains , its quite easy to get stuck or to get someone stuck in impassable terrain. The only question is if this was considered a bug in dota1 or a deliberate feature .

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyAve View Post
    You could get stuck on impassable terrain full deliberate in dota1 why not in dota2 ? for example SK (sand king ) burrows on some sort of hill or lowregion where u cant normally go and ur teammate tiny tosses an enemy on you , SK afterwards just burrows out again . Same for any hero that blinks to an impassable terrain , venge swaps with him and waits till an enemy hero walks by and swaps him in there ( since it has 12 sec cooldown with agha it aint so surreal ). And since there is also forcestaff , spectres dagger and other things that dont care about terrains , its quite easy to get stuck or to get someone stuck in impassable terrain. The only question is if this was considered a bug in dota1 or a deliberate feature .
    Like I said, it's poor design? No skill should ever be able to actively able to take a person out of the game. No sane person would create skills that can actively place a person into a position where he maybe actually be able to do nothing for the rest of the game. The point of the game is to vs your opponent, not the game itself.

TDA is right on the money with this one. Also dark seer's vacuum can do this and i have seen it being abused by also killing couriers effective causing a hero to be removed from play.