Thread: Blink Dagger Could Use A Cast Radius Indicator

Banned

Blink Dagger Could Use A Cast Radius Indicator

A circle showing you the distance it will jump you - like what happens when u hover you cursor above Mirana's jump skill or Clockwerk's hookshot.

Already suggested and declined by the majority of the posters. This would unnecessarily buff dagger and lower the skill at the same time.

It not having a range indicator is so arbitrary. Every item and skill should have one, nobody should be expected to just know what x amount of units actually translates to with no guide or anything.

Banned
    When I use it on Sand King I first look at my maxed out stun radius then double it. That is about as far as the blink will take me. But for someone like Tiny or Centaur or TA who have absolutely no range indication, it can often be miscalculated.

Basic Member

Noob request and alrdy dumped.

Greetings,
    lucktose

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Evo View Post
    Already suggested and declined by the majority of the posters. This would unnecessarily buff dagger and lower the skill at the same time.

Memorizing the radius of a circle in a game where the camera is angled and terrain can go higher and lower is a bit dickish to expect players to undertake. Why not remove all radiuses by that logic, also? Nobody wants to spend a week memorizing numbers and radiuses for the sake of "Skill".

This is the main reason I really love HoN over DotA 2 because they give everything an indicator and the indicators are themed properly with the skills like for example: Chipper's ult.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
    When I use it on Sand King I first look at my maxed out stun radius then double it. That is about as far as the blink will take me. But for someone like Tiny or Centaur or TA who have absolutely no range indication, it can often be miscalculated.
    This miscalculation would lead to you blinking only 4/5th of the 1200 range, which is an intended behaviour. The range punishment for blinking too far would be useless, if you could see the distance that easily.

Here is one of the older threads you should read, if you are interested in this topic.

@ MeatShake: I guess I answered your question?!

By the way, Valve actively removed the "Dota_range_display XXXX" command and put it under cheats. Guess why!
    Everyone who just wants to have some fun can use "dota_disable_range_finder 0" still.
    Last edited by Mr.Evo; 12-16-2013 at 07:39 AM. Reason: Added link and stuff

The blink range isn't so much a punishment as the extended range is a reward for accidently clicking the right spot. I imagine in 99% of successful full range blinks the person had little to no idea they were even correct in their distance calculation. That's not rewarding skill, it's rewarding accidental good luck...

It's an entirely arbitrary thing that seems to be in the game solely for people to say they have "skill" when chances are those saying that probably just accidently blink at max range every so often, since it's close to impossible to correctly estimate distance all the time, even with a range indicator.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Evo View Post

@ MeatShake: I guess I answered your question?!
    Not really but whatever it was rhetorical.

Basic Member
    Why do you all want to turn a game THIS GOOD as Dota , into a game that a friken 10 year old kid can play without struggling to think? Why dont you start asking for a bot that will play instead of you next? Or last hit instead of you? Or an alarm to tell you when to last hit or go back? Just enjoy the game , stop trying to make it easier to play , it was made to be a HARD game , if you cant take it go to the next one , or go to HoN or LoL ...

edit: If you played the game long enough , you would know when to blink , and how much range u have
    Last edited by Randomness; 12-28-2013 at 02:25 AM.