Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "Recruitment" system

Basic Member

"Recruitment" system

While I have to admit I could've spent 3 hours looking for it around google (Swimming around incorrect results because simply putting any combination of dota2 and recruitment in google would just net me with a fuckload of people looking for teams or for people to join their teams and what not), but apparently, you can "recruit" anybody in your friend list and according to the message, you can only get "recruited" once by somebody, so what's the point behind this?

I'm actually asking this because I just noticed that among the thousand people that sent me a "recruitment" invitation, I actually misclicked one of them on my friendlist and now it says I was recruited by him, which I find silly, and so does he

Shouldn't the system like, not work like this? I mean we really find it dumb that I got recruited by somebody that has less hours played than I do, and that also started playing after I did (When it comes to the dota2 beta, I got an invitation before him, so the system literally makes no sense) what's even the point of recruiting people at level over 10 when you get zero difference from playing with them

Dota is not a game that forgives misclicks

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by func_door View Post
    Dota is not a game that forgives misclicks
    Ehueahuehae

It's not the misclick nor that I was "recruited" by him that we care about, it's the fact that the system doesn't really make much sense when you look at issues like these, they'd make it so you can only recruit new players, or people that have played less than you, or people below a certain BP level

I allowed myself to be recruited by the person who originally let me know that dota existed, all those years ago. I don't think it's that unreasonable, it's just another battle bonus so not that important

It doesn't even give battle bonus after level 10, so it's purely for fun.
    So that You feel superior because there are more people under You
    Fun thing, people who are recruited get 'recruit experience', while because who are recruiting get nothing.

Basic Member
    yea that doesn't make any sense. it doesn't sound like valve fully thought this one out. from reading the blog i was under the assumption that you could only recruit a new player. as in steam accounts that have never played dota. i thought the whole point was to try to increase the player base by giving existing players an incentive to get new players to download and play dota?

Basic Member
    Seriously why waste resources implementing this?
    - recruitment invitations that appear non-stop even after accepting/declining non-stop
    - being able to recruit existing and more experienced players (lolwhat)
    - meaningless recruitment level/points system
    - a stupid icon that says 'this player has recruited you' that is stuck there for eternity

Should have worked on getting other aspects of the dashboard UI finished instead of implementing this.

Basic Member
    So when will we get our hats for all these Recruitment lvls?

Basic Member
    I have the same problem: I was mistakenly asked to be recruited instead of invited to a party by a friend I got to know some weeks ago. Awaiting a party invitation I did not read the text in the box that popped up and hit accept. How do I revoke the recruitment of that player?

I have been playing Dota 1 for years and was waiting for a Dota2 key since beta, so this guy I just met a couple of weeks ago no way certifies as the person who recruited me, nor do I wish to waste the one recruitment that I have on this guy I only played two matches with so far. I'd rather give it to the guy that did recruit me back in the days of Dota 1.
    It's really silly that one easily made missclick without any warnings is supposed to haunt me for the rest of my Dota "career".

Please make this fixable or manually revoke the recruitment I accepted !

Basic Member
    yea, i find this recruitment system are dumb.

1. why waste UI for a such useless recruitment system that just for new player?
    how about old player that ACCIDENTALLY CLICK ACCEPT

i believe so many HIGH LEVELED guys out there are MISCLICKED cause invitation spam

2. now friend recruit tab are disabled. can u explain this?

Conclusion : Remove that recruitment system. its FUCKING USELESS.