Thread: Logon queue for DOTA 2 (Due to the recent "Searching For DOTA 2 Network" problems)

Basic Member

Logon queue for DOTA 2 (Due to the recent "Searching For DOTA 2 Network" problems)

The recent amount of players during peak periods has been causing server instabilities.
    During peak periods the amount of players has reached over 600k+, we all receive this problem "Searching for DOTA 2 Network".

For that, I was thinking, why not VALVE create a login queue for DOTA 2 (Just like the launch queue) during peak periods so that we will have an enjoyable game this way without any form of connection issues etc.?

The login queue does not apply to those who are currently in game and needs to reconnect back to the game.

[You are in position 300 to login to the lobby servers]

What do you think?
    Last edited by amxmodx; 12-19-2013 at 06:14 PM.

I told you Valve! It seems that you only upgrades the amount of gameservers and still leave the master server unupgraded, and this happens

Disclaimer: I'm not an native English speaker

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by amxmodx View Post
    The recent amount of players during peak periods has been causing server instabilities.
    During peak periods the amount of players has reached over 600k+, we all receive this problem "Searching for DOTA 2 Network".

For that, I was thinking, why not VALVE create a login queue for DOTA 2 (Just like the launch queue) during peak periods so that we will have an enjoyable game this way without any form of connection issues etc.?

The login queue does not apply to those who are currently in game and needs to reconnect back to the game.

[You are in position 300 to login to the lobby servers]

What do you think?
    If you ever see an event with the prize for more than 2 million Dollars, it is really a huge company.

I don't understand why they can't afford just to extend the capability of the server in SEA.

Another RTS game has 10 times bigger player population and they are working fine.

Also sometimes the server kick certain country in the middle of the game. All of my Indonesian friends got disconnect in the middle of the game (Everyone are in different games). But some other people are still in-game (my opponent side).