Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Stat reset?

Basic Member
    You cannot play ranked until your are ~level 13.
    It uses your old (hidden) MMR as a starting point. From there you can change your MMR a little. By winning 10 games you don't have automatically 5k+ MMR.
    James "2GD" Harding's career as a Dota 2 host on Valve events
    * 25.02.16 - 26.02.16
    Spoiler: 

Quote Originally Posted by brandon75689 View Post
    There is plenty to recalibrate. It's not logical to release a ranked matchmaking by taking your normal matchmaking and slapping it on your ranked matchmaking. What if I let people play on my account, What if I didn't care about the games, What if I was a slow learner to dota and had a shitty winrate, what if never thought winrate had anything to do with the game. This is what I'm talking about. Now that there is ranked I would like to play seriously cause your overall performance will depict your ranked rating. However, to get this back up where I am now would take so long that I don't even think Id still be playing dota. Id have to win like 200-300 games to get where I want to be and thats just winning the game It would realistically prob be like 500-600 atleast. That would take Fucking FOREVER. I want a reset so I can straighten up and fly right with a smaller samples of games( Easily manipulated and placed accordingly). If I lose 5 games in a row and I still have the power to drastically change it cause of my small sample of games I have played, I have the opportunity to catch it and fix it.

I get to mold myself where I would like to be from scratch rather than doing it now through many months of trying to fix this long history of games. I also want it on my main account cause I still want people to know that I have a lot of games, The tickets I bought for the tournies, The guilds I am in, The channels I play on, The friends I play with, The most played heroes, Hell Id even like more information that describes what role I play and shit. But thats not important right now, Whats important is I think everyone is entitled to a stat reset. Or atleast given 1 stat reset every X amount of games.

If I want to manipulate my account to a certain standard. I think I deserve to have that power to do so without dedicating way too much time to fixing my past games that weren't even relevant since Ranked matchmaking wasn't even a thing.

Not only that but people are not too happy with the Ranked matchmaking. Allowing a fresh start may make people straighten up and fix themselves. Kick them out of Ranked, make them play pubbed games. Start out THE CORRECT WAY with a goal in mind and give a updated rating.
    Doesn't matter. If you are not winning 70% of your games or losing 70% of your games, you are where you belong.

Instead of asking for stat reset to "mold yourself", get better at dota.

any ranking system where the player can alter the rank numbers themselves will be skewed and less accurate than a system which prevents this.

I wonder: Has any of the forum users who claim the MM works come into Dota 2 with no previous MOBA experience?
    Quote Originally Posted by CvP View Post
    Get better at dota.
    A matchmaking system that emulates five-player parties based on teamplay-oriented recommendations---> http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=97602

Doesn't matter. If you are not winning 70% of your games or losing 70% of your games, you are where you belong.

Instead of asking for stat reset to "mold yourself", get better at dota.
    What a stupid and cynical aproach, especialy for a mod...

Most competitive games (like soccer, yeah) have well developed ladder system for every aspect of player statistics - it can show stats for last donno.. week, last month, last season, last year and so on. Any stats at any given period of time. So the actual player and everyone who cares can see actual capability, overral progress and so on. Yeah, with such system you actually can see your progress. In dota2 it is impossible so far.

Anyway, valve already collecting all the stats needed. They just have to make a way to actoally see the numbers in proper composition.

And no stat reset would be needed

Ps: And as for you, my young friend, i'll say - fish start to rot from the head. Just dont be that head.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hrlt View Post

Most competitive games (like soccer, yeah) have well developed ladder system for every aspect of player statistics - it can show stats for last donno.. week, last month, last season, last year and so on. Any stats at any given period of time. So the actual player and everyone who cares can see actual capability, overral progress and so on. Yeah, with such system you actually can see your progress. In dota2 it is impossible so far.

Anyway, valve already collecting all the stats needed. They just have to make a way to actoally see the numbers in proper composition.

Ps: And as for you, my young friend, i'll say - fish start to rot from the head. Just dont be that head.
    You completely missed his point.

Get better at dota.
    Elaborate.
    Get better at dota.
    A matchmaking system that emulates five-player parties based on teamplay-oriented recommendations---> http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=97602

My point----------------------->
    ---------------( your fish-head )

Except in soccer, you don't have as many variables as you do in dota, therefore making accurate analysis of a player completely impossible.

My point----------------------->
    ---------------( your fish-head )