Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: RMM Manifest

Basic Member

RMM Manifest

This thread stands hopefully as an end to all the whining around . Short Q&A:

1. Q: " My team is so bad I have 4k + MMR and I get matched with noobs. What is this valve ?"

A: The others are playing exactly as you play . You are the one playing badly , not your allies. On rare occasion games happen where you snowball with a hero that can't win through this method and complain about your teammates being ganked. Usual heroes that do this : Slark, Broodmother , Queen Of Pain. But especially Slark.

. Q: "My supports never get wards and sometimes there is no support. Why is this at 4000 MMR?"

A: That's because od multiple reasons:
    - you pick last after your team picked 4 carries/semi-carries and you pick sniper or something similar.
    - you random when your team obviously needa a specific type of hero
    -you always play carry and expect others to ppay support, even if they randomed first .
    -you are very greedy and always want to be the star player , highest GPM, XPM , etc.

In conclusion, try doing the opposite of the above. Don't be greedy and try to ask your team what they think it's good too.

3. Q:" I cannot play with these guys not speaking English. What to do ?"

A: This is the main problem that cannot be solved alone. I am hoping valve will add language locking and allow language reports for not speaking the selected languages.

4. Q: " People flame and are being racist in RMM. Report doesn't do anything. What to do ?"

A: Try muting the players. If you are lucky to find yourself in the same party with trolls or flamers before hero selection , try picking a snowball hero , like LC , Sniper , Bara [add suggestions here]. Try getting heroes that can win by themselves do you require your team as little as possible. If one or two people are being communicative , try synchronizing your hero with them and try getting big aoe strats.

5. Q: "I think my MMR is not correct for my experience. Why is this ?"

A: MMR is based 99% on win/loss ratio. You may have 3k matches but with a 50% win ratio you are normally at 3000 , but you might actually be lower , depending on some games where you won more / lost more. It is not an accurate rating anyway. You have to try and play with your rating.

Conclusion: In order to have a legitimate good game you have to follow the above and keep in mind :

- Never flame ;
    - Do not mute people unless they flame ;
    - Do not get angry becuase it will lead to flaming ;
    - Always respect your teammates no matter how they play , they might have a bad game ;
    - Try to communicate as much as possible with your team ;
    - NEVER CALL GG EARLY NO MATTER WHAT ! NEVER GIVE UP A GAME !

Basic Member
    That is genuinely a lot of balls, when your middle dies 3 times in the first 5 minutes then goes to jungle you know you've lost

Banned
    Lol'd all the way from 1 to 5 with 3 being the only legitimate point.

Stop being delusional OP.

edit:
    you even added this thread to your sig now lmao. das it mane.
    Last edited by sakeoe; 12-25-2013 at 06:42 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stas823 View Post
    That is genuinely a lot of balls, when your middle dies 3 times in the first 5 minutes then goes to jungle you know you've lost
    The fact that he goes jungle means that he doesn't give up. Flaming him will never lead to anything. You do not lose the game in 10 minutes , unless somebody leaves.

At 4700 mmr I play some of the best and most enjoyable games I've played. Also if you want to raise in rank and win rate, it's important yo learn how to play all roles good. This isn't The International for teams to assign a specific role to each player and you're not XBOCT so as for your team to be sure that you'll carry them.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakeoe View Post
    Lol'd all the way from 1 to 5 with 3 being the only legitimate point.

Stop being delusional OP.

edit:
    you even added this thread to your sig now lmao. das it mane.
    You are among the reasons there are so many threads now with people playing like shit , flaming or trolling. Please quit dota so others may have a good time. Thanks!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sa1nt View Post
    This thread stands hopefully as an end to all the whining around . Short Q&A:

1. Q: " My team is so bad I have 4k + MMR and I get matched with noobs. What is this valve ?"

A: The others are playing exactly as you play . You are the one playing badly , not your allies. On rare occasion games happen where you snowball with a hero that can't win through this method and complain about your teammates being ganked. Usual heroes that do this : Slark, Broodmother , Queen Of Pain. But especially Slark.

. Q: "My supports never get wards and sometimes there is no support. Why is this at 4000 MMR?"

A: That's because od multiple reasons:
    - you pick last after your team picked 4 carries/semi-carries and you pick sniper or something similar.
    - you random when your team obviously needa a specific type of hero
    -you always play carry and expect others to ppay support, even if they randomed first .
    -you are very greedy and always want to be the star player , highest GPM, XPM , etc.

In conclusion, try doing the opposite of the above. Don't be greedy and try to ask your team what they think it's good too.

3. Q:" I cannot play with these guys not speaking English. What to do ?"

A: This is the main problem that cannot be solved alone. I am hoping valve will add language locking and allow language reports for not speaking the selected languages.

4. Q: " People flame and are being racist in RMM. Report doesn't do anything. What to do ?"

A: Try muting the players. If you are lucky to find yourself in the same party with trolls or flamers before hero selection , try picking a snowball hero , like LC , Sniper , Bara [add suggestions here]. Try getting heroes that can win by themselves do you require your team as little as possible. If one or two people are being communicative , try synchronizing your hero with them and try getting big aoe strats.

5. Q: "I think my MMR is not correct for my experience. Why is this ?"

A: MMR is based 99% on win/loss ratio. You may have 3k matches but with a 50% win ratio you are normally at 3000 , but you might actually be lower , depending on some games where you won more / lost more. It is not an accurate rating anyway. You have to try and play with your rating.

Conclusion: In order to have a legitimate good game you have to follow the above and keep in mind :

- Never flame ;
    - Always respect your teammates no matter how they play , they might have a bad game ;
    I'll try not to follow your advice since it might ease a bit on you, as an individual knowing you have done/tried your best yet.
    But at the same time it’s really frustrating seeing as your enemy is at the same skill level as the rest of your team, and you are playing as a support.
    Now if you only have picked a carry or a semi-carry your chance to CARRY your team to a victory would’ve been a lot higher. But you went with the good guy approach, thinking about what your team needs so you picked a support/initiator, but if you went with the selfish approach your chances to win would’ve been a lot higher. Wards, upgrading currier, detection, mek, are all well and good.
    But if your carry instead of farming trying to gank and fails over and over again, or casually last hitting, while your midd feeds their carry, your offlane is doing somehow good. Once the clock hits 30minute mark and your carry haven’t managed to farm anything your midd is with the same items from 10minute mark. You know have lost the game. But if you only picked a carry you would’ve carried your team to victory, so here you are stuck in an infinite loop of picking what your team needs yet losing the game again and again, because your allies can’t play their roles/heroes.

It’s easy to blame others but, this is what happens in reality. You do your best but fail to win a game cause of you are being matched with a team of nubs, or people who throw games. I don’t like to use the word “nub” but that is how it really feels like..
    I’m a second year student for Mathematics and Computer science, I work 4 times a week. I don’t have a lot of time to play, sometimes I prefer playing DOTA rather than doing HW/report because I love the game, mechanics, but after you get matched with shit team mates you lose all the affection to the game. You start to fear of wasting the next 40minutes of your life playing with monkeys, so you start to think twice before playing another game, cause you know that it’s a gamble. You or enjoy or you just waste the next 40mins of your life. And by waste I mean waste you won’t get any beter playing with bad players.
    I don’t care about wining I care about having a good time, even if I lose but I had a good time. Than I’m all fine with that!
    I actually prefer to lose to a team with the same skill level as me and my team rather than win a pubstomp.
    Last edited by alentor; 12-25-2013 at 08:37 AM.

Basic Member
    I call bullshit, except 3

edit: I also don't have an opinion on 1 cause I'm not above 4k.
    Last edited by shahrooz; 12-25-2013 at 08:41 AM.

Basic Member
    You are among the reasons there are so many threads now with people playing like shit , flaming or trolling. Please quit dota so others may have a good time. Thanks!
    Well, and you can be called white knight that defend the valve system too. Both your post and his are irrelevant, nor constructive. And all your point you mentioned might be true at high rank, but and that's just in my opinion, are totally irrelevant in lower ranking. Just try captain mode at 3200-3400 ranking, and see how most players are not able to speak a single word of English but yet pick captain faster than the speed of light, and then fail at creating a viable group.
    Tbh, the game in ranking are worst in teamplay, skill, position, anticipation, ... pretty much everything than in public match. The system is the same as in non ranking, but since people can see the numbers, they believe they are the center of the universe and nearly always believe this game will be win because they'll out farm and solo this damn game. In all of my ranking game I had 1 or 2 players always going solo, never coming to help, never going to support and just farming 24/24 365/365 so they get better items. This is crap foresight, crap teamplay.

And for me to been able to go higher to maybe find decent player that actually teamplay, speak English, ask question, give answer, communicate, I'll have to participate in wayyyyyyyy to many matches before even been able to reach that rank.

Example:
    -25 +26 -23 +24 -23 -22 +29 +24 +22 -29 +23 +21 -23 -20 +29 -27 +24 +25 +26 -29 -23 +25 +24 -28
    11 Loses
    13 wins

Total of 24 matches => ~45mins x 24 = 18hrs
    Total of 49 positive point

Hell, I'm not going to play 370hrs just to get 800-900 more points .... to finally maybe find someone decent. If that's not a crap system, then tell me what it is ... Tell that to Starcraft players that they'll need 400hrs to go 1-2 level higher in the ladder, they'll just ask you to go fuck yourself. Period.
    Last edited by Mastah; 12-25-2013 at 08:43 AM.

- Never flame ;
    Flaming your opponent is the best strategy to make them lose, apart of kicking their ass in-game. They get flamed -> they rage -> they feed.
    Sometimes I mute my whole team before we even start playing. Results are much better than playing unmuted. Muting also non-English speakers immediately, self-team-flamers, drunk and stoned people, as well as guys who are pressing the "," button too often.
    I guess you canīt change the nature of a man. Being a choleric makes this impossible. Advice should be something like: Donīt play with people you can be angry about. (impossible) -> bizzare advice.
    I will not respect people who are intentionally ruining the game.
    90% of my cases results in being muted in-game or being reported and muted for 24-48-168. Not worth it at all.

Giving up a game by calling "ff" or "gg" earlier resulted in faster game finishes, which spared me several hours of suffering.

Result: Your advices are for nothing, not even a single one seems reasonable. (maybe the first one, but rly, flaming your opponent can be considered as win-tactic. It works)

i 8 Σ π, and it was delicious.
    ELO HELL.