Page 3 of 96 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Earth Spirit buff/nerf discussion thread (merged)

Basic Member
    Crow I don't know how you can come in a thread on ES and claim he's fine when almost universal opinion amongst everyone who plays Dota is that he's very much not fine and needs some huge nerfs.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by soprof View Post
    Now, speaking about how he should be nerfed, I suggest all of the following:

0. General.
    Casting animation should be 0.1 / 0.5 instead of current 0.01 / 0. That will help bottom tier to cast things properly and, at the same time, limit his cap performance for nerds.

I. Geomagnetic Grip.
    Damage should scale as 75/100/125/150, instead of 125/125/125/125. Manacost should go up to 90/100/110/120 instead of current 75.

II. Boulder Smash.
    Silence should scale 3/3.5/4/4.5 instead of current 5/5/5/5.

Should be enough.
    With the recent nerfs, this should make him balanced.

Banned
    I'm not American, nor a student. Your observations are not very good.

Lately I've been playing during nighttime, there are not many pros who play from 2am till 7am PST.

From last 30 games.
    http://dotabuff.com/matches/442236288
    http://dotabuff.com/matches/442177590

Fyi: there are tons of people who have higher MMR than most pros.

Get your facts straight, and please don't try to balance Dota2.

i dont get it, i havent seen an ES pick in days..

Basic Member
    The most logical way to say a hero is OP is to see whether said hero performs objectively better than other heroes at whatever it is, be it ganking, farming, carrying, doing damage, teamfights, supporting, pushing, etc

Earth Spirit performs better in ganks than pretty much every hero, even Pudge is outshined by an Earth in ganks, Earth you might say has to get into a "riskier spot" to do his stuff, but it'll just take him around a single second to do his entire combo on the unsuspecting enemy in their own tower, and he'll get the kill if he hits that thing, unlike even fucking Pudge who at the very least has to hit with the hook, and then has to HOPE the shitty way Dismember works in Dota2 doesn't fuck him over, because when you click to cast Dismember on the unit you're dragging, it'll not always hit it instantly, which means more often than not they can just walk out of rot range and miss out on most of the damage your combo does, they could also just get somebody to throw something at you and your combo's gone as well

Earth has better laning than pretty much every single hero in the game, and as early as lvl 2 he's already going to be one of the best heroes to do a first blood attempt with, in the entire game, if this attempt fails, you wait a couple of seconds and do it again, if it fails again you just keep at it, because they can only dodge your bullshit for so long

You know a hero's into some serious bullshit when he has a combo he can spam nonstop until you fuck up at least a little bit and that's an instakill unless you're an extremely tanky hero, but people should not have to play shit like Treant, Centaur, Ogre Magi, Spacecow or any other heroes with humongous amounts of hp just to survive the spammable combo of a hero in lane

Just because I like comparing stuff to Pudge, because he's pretty straight-forward with obvious counters and disadvantages, Pudge's laning is a joke, his hook requires around half his mana pool, and his combo requires his entire mana pool too, and the worst part is that it also does less damage than the stuff Earth can pull off, while being easier to counter too, only difference being that Pudge might have a better time later on because he can snowball into being stupidly fat and tanky, as well as Dismember piercing magic immunity to pin down priorities later on, and that his hook will never require him to get into such a dangerous position, that's it, that's all Pudge has going for him, and more than half of it relies on him having something absurd like 3k hp or more to not get killed instantly, while Earth can quite literally do as he pleases the entire game because he has no core other than Arcane, that's it, Earth needs a carry? Fuck the police, yolo and let's frag this charlie, get an armlet, a heart and a basher and start slapping stuff, there you go, now you're a carry too! Thing is, any hero can "carry" because if they snowball hard enough early on, they'll have a gold advantage of such amount that they'll be able to get carry items and fuck people up, look at NP

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyPete View Post
    I had to double check this was from today and not a necro'd thread. His silence does scale, 3.5/4/4.5/5. Been that way for a while now.
    yeh, must have been changed in the first wave of nerfs and playdota.com info wasn't updated, my bad.
    You're only as strong as your weakest link.
    -Thomas Reid

Quote Originally Posted by Avidity View Post
    I'm not American, nor a student. Your observations are not very good.

Lately I've been playing during nighttime, there are not many pros who play from 2am till 7am PST.

From last 30 games.
    http://dotabuff.com/matches/442236288
    http://dotabuff.com/matches/442177590

Fyi: there are tons of people who have higher MMR than most pros.

Get your facts straight, and please don't try to balance Dota2.
    Then you do not have a job, (You have too much free time), and you play on the wrong server. Also your steam says USA, so I'm gonna say your form the US, don't bullshit me.

E.G not that great. Also both games you point out you are with the same "Pro" same server at same time....

This is hardly what you stated as constantly playing with PROS, meaning a varied player base.
    Last edited by Crowfeather; 12-31-2013 at 05:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    Nope. Windows Explorer is not a database
    Take a look into the mirror! You think you are completely unfailable. With your limited knowledge, you think that you know more than someone who is very deep in the matter/an expert.

Quote Originally Posted by iLuvLyralei View Post
    How would you nerf him?

One of the most contested picks in Ranked AP

Has a force staff on a 10s cd that silences
    A huge gap closer that slows for 80% on a 4s CD
    A 2.5 second stun that can hit multiple units

And his ult, that spreads the debuffs to all unlucky unit to be caught in its vinicity (while dealing a DoT)

Discuss.
    He has a 150 cast range force staff OR a silence that can completely miss and do nothing.
    His huge gap closer and slow is only if he uses it with a stone, has a 0.6 second delay and he can just be stunned to stop it.
    I can agree his grip is a bit op but not for the fact that it's a stun but because you can save your allies so easily with it.

He isn't too good. He is good if played well.

Quote Originally Posted by d.phoenixxx View Post
    Can you give an example?

Only one I could think of is Earthshaker, but with the introduction of Arcane Boots, I think Earthshaker is reasonably balanced for his abilities.
    Shaker plus all STR heroes that rely on 'cast' damage more than melee damage?... TINY, ELDER TITAN, TUSKAR, UNDYING, etc.. Early in the game, combos will empty their mana pools, can't go spamming it like ES can ^^

Quote Originally Posted by frankles View Post
    I can agree his grip is a bit op but not for the fact that it's a stun but because you can save your allies so easily with it.
    This is what I dislike the most about Earth Spirit!
    Last edited by Himself; 12-31-2013 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by frankles View Post
    He has a 150 cast range force staff OR a silence that can completely miss and do nothing.
    His huge gap closer and slow is only if he uses it with a stone, has a 0.6 second delay and he can just be stunned to stop it.

He isn't too good. He is good if played well.
    Let's put it this way:

will a small nerf on manacost on his grip make him unplayble?
    You're only as strong as your weakest link.
    -Thomas Reid