Page 86 of 96 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 ... LastLast

Thread: Earth Spirit buff/nerf discussion thread (merged)

Basic Member
    I have been trying to adapt my gameplay to using a lower amount of stones, but it's really hard to do it.

Like using at most 2 stones per battle. One for Roll and Other for Push / Silence / Ult. Then extending as needed.

I have been able to do some teambattles with just 2 just because there weren't enough stones in my inventory but it's really hard, I need to practice more until it's natural. But it's viable IMO.

As far as recycling goes on this version, I am using Grip and Smash to relocate the stones on the battleground, it's not the ideal solution but it works when I am in need of more stones. Then I place myself over the stone to use a Sniper Boulder Smash, then I cast a remnant and use it to roll, then after that I use the grip to pull the stone I just smashed to silence the enemies then use ultimate. So I only used one stone of my inventory and one from the battlefield.

Also I noticed that when I have more than 4 stones, I tend to use 1 stone for every skill use so I end up without stones really fast because I don't preserve the resources I have, it's a bad habit that's hard to get over.
    Last edited by NightAven; 03-17-2014 at 10:55 PM.

>_> ES needs a minor recharge buff of 5s imo

earthspirit is still a very strong hero only reason his winrate is 30% is because noobs cant play him for shit

Quote Originally Posted by NightAven View Post
    What do you mean with durability in fights? I don't really use stones to survive, I use to attack and I can't keep fighting often because I don't have enough remnants after the fights without a huge downtime. Sure I can try to use as few stones as possible in fights but there are some situations where you don't have a choice. Or maybe you meant his ability to play well when under constant pressure.

I would really like to see a "recycling / reclaiming" ability for Earth Spirit. Reminds me of a manga about a War, people would go outside their town after battle to bury dead soldiers, reclaim their usable armors / weapons, get back arrows fired for the next fight.

If you lose the fight /territory then you aren't able to reclaim it.
    Of course I don't mean durability in a hitpoints-related sense. By durability I mean the time ES can stay in a battle without running out of charges.

Basic Member
    Oh I would love to see this hero getting a turn rate buff, sometimes you want to drop a stone fast and he takes too much time turning around to be able to put the stone, then you cancel the command with a move command and you mess up your setups.

Either that or the ability to put stones on the ground without turning around to face the direction.
    Last edited by NightAven; 03-22-2014 at 01:18 AM.

Basic Member

Angry Revolt! > Earth Spirit

Dear Icefrog, good afternoon!

I come here to demonstrate my revolt about one of the best (if not the best) heroes of dota 2: Earth Spirit!
    You just destroyed this hero. After the update that the destroyed neither myself or any other player plays with he ...
    Please, if you happen to see this post, I request you to bring the hero back. Increase cd, decrease damage, but please change the skills as they were before.
    This is the hero!

Actually, the hero is so balanced now that he can go in -cm atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix. View Post
    2013: 10 heroes, 3 reworks, 4 events, hats, 1 arcana and TI
    2014: 4 heroes, 2 events, 2 arcanas, hats, 1 rework and TI.
    Lazyness. Not to mention the lack of bugfixes, and the amount of new ones with each new content added

Credits to Phoenix.

Basic Member
    OK, guy! But he was the best mid hero, now he became a support unnecessary. Not fair at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuxew View Post
    OK, guy! But he was the best mid hero, now he became a support unnecessary. Not fair at all.
    No. He was the best mid/offlane/support hero. The only thing he couldn't do now was hardcarrying. He is truly fine atm. It is pretty fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix. View Post
    2013: 10 heroes, 3 reworks, 4 events, hats, 1 arcana and TI
    2014: 4 heroes, 2 events, 2 arcanas, hats, 1 rework and TI.
    Lazyness. Not to mention the lack of bugfixes, and the amount of new ones with each new content added

Credits to Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuxew View Post
    Because we need more mid heroes. God forbid we get any new viable support heroes.