Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96

Thread: Earth Spirit buff/nerf discussion thread (merged)

I dont play earth spirit (ES), but i think this hero is interesting and he should get improvements in order to raise its popularity.

To begin with, the stone remnant should becomes able to quick double clicks to cast a stone remnant just in front the ES (within 200 AoE). So, it's easier to combo with Boulder Smash. This greatly increase the reflex of the players on this hero. However, the problem of miscast 2 stones is leaving unsolved... or this is not a problem?

The cast animation delay of Boulder Smash should be removed in order to gv ES better reflex such Invoker. The stun effect of this skill should be applied on the target(only on enemy) and deal 125 damage (same at all level) on the target only. And the differences between hitting a target and a stone are the stone applies greater distance traveled, AoE stun and AoE damage.

The Rolling Boulder should no longer stop when hit a enemy hero target. Instead, ES will get a sub ability to stop himself just like Phoenix's Dive. The additional of stone remnant cause the damaged enemies to be silenced for 2 seconds instead of slow effect. Also, ES should get infinity armor bonus during rolling state (still can be attacked and skilled but immune to physical damage). Cooldown is started on cancelling the rolling with sub ability, getting disabled or reaching max distance.

The silence effect of Geomagnetic grip on stone should be removed and replaced with heavy attack speed and movement slow (100% slow) for 2 seconds.

Anyway, it just a suggestion. Please discuss it in details with damage rescale, effects, etc..

Jesus. You don't understand.
    Earth spirit is strong because he's harder to play than Meepo or Invoker.
    Why in the unholy fuck would you buff him?

Basic Member
    Played the hero for more than 100 games.

The hero is not really broken/OP. For me this hero is still weak and doesn't scale well late game. Easily countered by BKB/Pipe.
    This hero requires a high level of positioning, reaction time, decision making and team coordination.

Here is my suggestion to his skillset.

Boulder Smash
    Damage & Stun Radius: 200
    Damage: 100/125/150/175
    Knockback Speed: 1200
    Unit Knockback Distance: 500/600/700/800
    Stone Knockback Distance: 2000
    Stone Stun Duration: 0.75/1.25/1.75/2.25
    Cooldown: 22/18/14/10
    Mana: 100

Rolling Boulder
    Cast Range: 3000
    Effect & Collision Radius: 180
    Max Roll Distance: 800 (1600 with Stone Remnant)
    Roll Speed: 800 (1600 with Stone Remnant)
    Damage: 50 (75/100/125/150 with Stone Remnant)
    Stone Move Speed Slow: (20%/40%/60%/80% with Stone Remnant)
    Stone Slow Duration: (1/2/3/4 with Stone Remnant)
    Cooldown: 16/12/8/4
    Mana: 50

Geomagnetic Grip
    Cast Range: 1100
    Effect Radius: 180
    Stone Damage: 75/150/225/300
    Stone Pull Speed: 1000
    Unit Pull Speed: 600
    Silence Duration: 2.5/3/3.5/4
    Cooldown: 13
    Mana: 75

Magnetize
    Damage Type: Pure
    Pierces Spell Immunity: Yes
    Radius: 300
    Stone Search Radius: 400
    Stone Refresh Radius: 600
    Damage per Second: 35/55/75
    Duration: 6
    Cooldown: 100

The underlined ones are the proposed changes/re-scaling.

Rolling Boulder has only 50 damage without a stone, since using a stone with Rolling Boulder will consume and destroy the stone, I think it is appropriate to add more damage and slow into it.

At lvl 3 with 1 point on Smash, Roll and Grip kaolin will deal 250 damage before reductions compared to his current skill damage with 275 (when using push-pull-roll).

Starting at lvl 8 his damage on skills (Smash, Roll) are only increased by 25.

Change the damage type of Magnetize to Pure and increase the cooldown from 80 to 100. His ult is easily countered by Meka, Pipe, BKB and good positioning/mobility.

Quote Originally Posted by h00b View Post
    Having tried the new Boulder Smash mechanics in the new patch, I was rather irritated by remnant range to perform the said action. Often times in the heat of gameplay, one may misplace the remnant by the smallest of amounts and not be able to perform this skill. The simple solution for not placing the remnant out of the heroes kick range was to cast remnant on the hero portrait. Which works, and by my assumption is a self-cast ability. However double tapping the remnant hotkey does not work. I'm not sure if this intended, however I would like to suggest that this should be possible. It would make playing this hero a lot friendlier, and avoid a lot of frustration of misplacing your remnant a millimeter away from the boulder smash range.

tldr: Suggesting double tapping the remnant hotkey to drop a remnant next to the hero.

P.S. ES can kick Templar Assassins traps from ridiculous range. This doesn't actually move them however sometimes screws up the boulder smash targeting if you accidentally click on a trap while aiming your remnant.
    Yeah this is a good suggestion, double tapping the remnant hotkey to drop a remnant next to the hero, if this would be implemented then it's easy to use blink remnant push-pull-roll.
    Last edited by kukai; 01-30-2015 at 11:03 AM.

Basic Member
    I'd raise the mana cost of boulder and his silence, in the offlane he is way to strong atm. Leave your core alone for half a second to go pulling and your core is dead. It's an utterly broken hero at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Agravaine View Post
    I'd raise the mana cost of boulder and his silence, in the offlane he is way to strong atm. Leave your core alone for half a second to go pulling and your core is dead. It's an utterly broken hero at the moment.
    He is weak as fuck. His spells do 0 dmg, the disables are lack luster, and he has bad stat growth for a melee hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    Nope. Windows Explorer is not a database
    Take a look into the mirror! You think you are completely unfailable. With your limited knowledge, you think that you know more than someone who is very deep in the matter/an expert.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post
    He is weak as fuck. His spells do 0 dmg, the disables are lack luster, and he has bad stat growth for a melee hero.
    Which is why hes considered extremely OP by the high tier players and a rather contested pick. Dirty ES pickers

Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post
    Literally

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix. View Post
    2013: 10 heroes, 3 reworks, 4 events, hats, 1 arcana and TI
    2014: 4 heroes, 2 events, 2 arcanas, hats, 1 rework and TI.
    Lazyness. Not to mention the lack of bugfixes, and the amount of new ones with each new content added

Credits to Phoenix.

Basic Member
    Dunno. He is very strong first half of the game and very weak later on.
    What I think, that is ultimate needs to be stronger, so he would be useful in late (40+) game.
    Other abilities need some small tweaks.

Why not nerf him - because he is very hard to play and is almost useless later on, with pipes, bkb, etc. Why would you nerf smb who is alr one of the hardest heroes.
    Why buff him - because he cant farm normally, and can hardly do anything late-game.