Page 1 of 79 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Earth Spirit buff/nerf discussion thread (merged)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Earth Spirit buff/nerf discussion thread (merged)

How would you nerf him?

One of the most contested picks in Ranked AP

Has a force staff on a 10s cd that silences
    A huge gap closer that slows for 80% on a 4s CD
    A 2.5 second stun that can hit multiple units

And his ult, that spreads the debuffs to all unlucky unit to be caught in its vinicity (while dealing a DoT)

Discuss.
    Last edited by iLuvLyralei; 12-30-2013 at 10:45 PM.

Basic Member
    I'd make his spells cost some mana.

Banned
    Increasing mana cost is a good place to start, his remnants should cost mana as well, and maybe have 2s cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Avidity View Post
    Increasing mana cost is a good place to start, his remnants should cost mana as well, and maybe have 2s cooldown.
    Yea, mana would be the place to look. Without really altering his late game potential so much, increasing his mana costs or lowering his base mana/int gain would really force him to actually get items before he would be a full force rather than just racking up levels and never having much of a mana problem.

I personally think Earth Spirit's cast time deserves a nerf.

That or make him unable to engage and escape with ease.

He is better at disabling enemy heroes than Storm Spirit, has way lesser mana requirements and do great without items.
    He's the hero this community deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt his identity, because he can take it, because he's not our hero. He's a silent buffer, a watchful nerfer. An IceFrog.

My Speedtest Result

Basic Member
    Maybe I'm just a little salty about this issue. A lot of old heroes are crippled by enormous mana costs on spells that sometimes aren't even that good. None of the new heroes have mana issues and their spells are generally more useful than those of old heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Two Treads View Post
    Maybe I'm just a little salty about this issue. A lot of old heroes are crippled by enormous mana costs on spells that sometimes aren't even that good. None of the new heroes have mana issues and their spells are generally more useful than those of old heroes.
    Can you give an example?

Only one I could think of is Earthshaker, but with the introduction of Arcane Boots, I think Earthshaker is reasonably balanced for his abilities.
    He's the hero this community deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt his identity, because he can take it, because he's not our hero. He's a silent buffer, a watchful nerfer. An IceFrog.

My Speedtest Result

Quote Originally Posted by d.phoenixxx View Post
    Can you give an example?

Only one I could think of is Earthshaker, but with the introduction of Arcane Boots, I think Earthshaker is reasonably balanced for his abilities.
    I think he is generally talking about early(ier) game(as in from about 1-7~8).

Earthshaker is one most definitely, but with mana boots it helps a lot. I might venture to say something like Shadow Shaman or AA. Not as bad as EShaker but not nearly as good as ESpirit. Brewmaster (kinda) as well. They aren't the best examples, as there really aren't any other great examples besides EShaker, but they all have similar situations.

Basic Member
    I can think of a new hero that does have some mana problems early on, but balances out because she has a giant +Int gain,aka Legion Commander

Quote Originally Posted by d.phoenixxx View Post
    Can you give an example?

Hi. I'm batrider. I need hell lot of farm and levels to just move an enemy out of position. Sorry to say, I'll deal almost no damage and it'll cost over 400 mana.

Hi, batrider. I'm E-Spirit. I can do the same at level 3 for 225 mana and it'll deal WHOOOPING(for level 3) 360 magic damage. You clearly suck balls, bro.

(don't get me wrong, I still love batrider, but you asked an example.)
    You're only as strong as your weakest link.
    -Thomas Reid