Page 2 of 113 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: To everyone that thinks they're stuck in "ELO hell"

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by daays View Post

If you pick Earth Spirit, you win 90% of games.
    That alone shows me that your drop in MMR was fair.

Basic Member
    I never heard the term "Elo hell" dropped once by anyone except the dissenters. It's pretty obvious that there's potatoes all over the ladder up to page 1. It's not about people claiming about getting people so bad that they can't rise above... it's people claiming that they get retarded teammates that drop the ball from not knowing the basics and MMR erroneously placing these matches... which is not at all a silly idea considering this is how it has been ever since the game was still in beta and severely more likely on "release".

You see everything this guy is playing, though? All carries, mid gankers, etc. Just goes to show in dirt tier there's no room for experimentation except just picking whatever hits the hardest. Lesson of this experiment: Mid or feed. Good luck having that happen every match when you'll have idiots fighting you for the lane.

Last edited by F2P; 01-05-2014 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by F2P View Post
    I never heard the term "Elo hell" dropped once by anyone except the dissenters. It's pretty obvious that there's potatoes all over the ladder up to page 1. It's not about people claiming about getting people so bad that they can't rise above... it's people claiming that they get retarded teammates that drop the ball from not knowing the basics and MMR erroneously placing these matches... which is not at all a silly idea considering this is how it has been ever since the game was still in beta and severely more likely on "release".

You see everything this guy is playing, though? All carries, mid gankers, etc. Just goes to show in dirt tier there's no room for experimentation except just picking whatever hits the hardest. Lesson of this experiment: Mid or feed. Good luck having that happen every match when you'll have idiots fighting you for the lane.

morale : mid or feed and please dont be bored playing carries because fuck support

Basic Member
    i am sure elo hell does not exist since i improved 200 points when i dont play random heroes anymore... from that experiment im just curious at what point he loses his first game

Basic Member
    Just a quick note because I know there will be some people spouting nonsense:

Even if he loses a game while playing on low rating account. It does not prove elo hell existing.
    Elo hell is somewhat confirmed when he cannot bring that account over 5k MMR (he has 5.6k MMR on his main account).

Elo hell is when a player who deserves a better rank but cannot climb up. (Requires to have many games played.)

I just hope that by playing with low skilled players his sense of when being ganked etc. is not dulled. He now pretty much can rambo around. But with that tactic in higher ranked games you won't make far.
    James "2GD" Harding's career as a Dota 2 host on Valve events
    * 25.02.16 - † 26.02.16
    Spoiler: 

Uh, what you said it's not about is exactly what it is. ELO hell is the term for when people are stuck at a rating when they (think they) should have a higher rating, only because of a constant chain of retards/trolls/feeders/griefers on their team making games unwinnable.

Uh, what makes you think he doesn't have idiots fighting him for the lane? No reason to assume this guy is a special case of extreme luck.
    He also had the same results in the offlane, so it's only support he hasn't tried. Only reasonable that he will then have a smaller impact and thus be slower, as it's the design of the game.

all i see is him stomping noobs

Basic Member
    this just shows how bad the matchmaking is, there are so far 12 unbalanced games, the mm changed wrongly the mmr of 108 players, and this only by improving the skill of a single player, the system is really bad ...

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BadKernel View Post
    this just shows how bad the matchmaking is, there are so far 12 unbalanced games, the mm changed wrongly the mmr of 108 players, and this only by improving the skill of a single player, the system is really bad ...
    You need to learn how to read.

He is 5.6k MMR on main account and he is "elo boosting" a 2.9k MMR account.
    He is making a experiment to see if he manages to bring that account to 5k+ MMR.

Ofc games at <3k MMR are vastly unbalanced. He is playing with low skilled players.
    James "2GD" Harding's career as a Dota 2 host on Valve events
    * 25.02.16 - † 26.02.16
    Spoiler: