Page 1 of 113 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: To everyone that thinks they're stuck in "ELO hell"

To everyone that thinks they're stuck in "ELO hell"

Check this out.

That is how games look like when you're much better than the rest of the players.

Prepare your excuses.

Basic Member
    It's obvious that playing to win on account with really low rating will result in stomps. Not sure if experiment is that useful.
    Maybe if somebody could demonstrate how altering their habits mediocre players could do more to win, people would be motivated more.

Nah, obviously only ignorant retards think that they are "not where they belong" and that they "always get matched with noobs".

These guys don't need facts or experiments anyway, just somebody else to blame.
    You're only as strong as your weakest link.
    -Thomas Reid

Basic Member
    If you read his post he said he will bring that account to 5k and more MMR.
    James "2GD" Harding's career as a Dota 2 host on Valve events
    * 25.02.16 - 26.02.16
    Spoiler: 

Does the mmr only que you with people with the same elo rating or are games played also a factor?
    I would guess that games with players who have 1k games and an elo rating of 3,5k
    look different than players with 300 games and the same rating.

Quote Originally Posted by soprof View Post
    Nah, obviously only ignorant retards think that they are "not where they belong" and that they "always get matched with noobs".

These guys don't need facts or experiments anyway, just somebody else to blame.
    Check the screenshot below. I'm the Lion. Can you explain to me why this is not elo hell??

Quote Originally Posted by iceinaglass View Post
    Check the screenshot below. I'm the Lion. Can you explain to me why this is not elo hell??
    Easy. It's a single game. No one denies there's a few games that's nearly impossible to win. But if you're better than the others you will win more than you lose in the long run.

Lol 48-1-8 storm.

If you read the thread, you'll find a whole bunch of dumbasses who're coming up with shitty conspiracy theories to "debunk" his proof.

Too bad this isn't reddit, but /u/Scorpius

Basic Member
    I've been playing around with this for the last two weeks.

Was at 4800. Dropped myself to 4200.

If you pick first, you'll most likely lose. If you pick a carry first, your chances of losing are even higher.

It's best to be the 7-10th picker. Just wait it out. Even if the game has started. Wait it out.

If you pick Earth Spirit, you win 90% of games.

Play whatever role your team needs:
    If you have to play support, pick one that can play from behind. Ancient Apparition is a good one.
    If you have to play mid, pick one that can easily avoid ganks. Asking your team to protect you, give rune wards, grab runes, etc. is a crap shoot.
    If you have to play offlane, get one with good escapes and don't feed. WR, Brood, Timber, Clock, C(B)linkz. Always pick an offlaner who they don't really counter or have only a limited amount of counters for.
    If you have to play carry, play a ranged carry. Melee carries need lockdown and support. Even with drums/phase/SY. Ranged supports can last hit easier without taking harass and can deal their damage without support from your team.

Before following this advice, I would pick 1-5th and pick whatever hero I wanted to play. I went 9-19.
    After following this advice, I would pick 7-10th, pick whatever my team needed. I'm 18-7.

You're going to get players who don't know their role. Alch's who don't get acid spray. Supports who pick CM and only jungle. Kids who rage, feed, and throw the game on purpose from one bad decision.
    Of my 7 losses, 4 of them have been from these types of players. The rest have been from making bad decisions as a team. Just shrug it off and go to the next game. Report them if you have a report.
    Last edited by daays; 01-05-2014 at 09:31 AM.

Stopped reading after "dunning-kruger".